"There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oregon"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Re: "There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oreg

Post by brich75 »

Willie Taggart on this report by @GenoEspn

"Do I look unhappy? You might have to ask the guy who put that rumor out there. Winning is living."
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Somewhere, Willie's Dad is grinning just like that...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

There was some smoke that Ole Miss was looking at Taggart
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Oh , I already see that has been mentioned
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Guarantee these "rumors" were made up by the same SEC dumbasses that said Cristobal was going down there this past offseason because he "hated Eugene". The Pro-SEC "sources" for ESPN are flat not to be trusted. Florida fans are the most likely culprit here.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

GrantDuck wrote:Guarantee these "rumors" were made up by the same SEC dumbasses that said Cristobal was going down there this past offseason because he "hated Eugene". The Pro-SEC "sources" for ESPN are flat not to be trusted. Florida fans are the most likely culprit here.

Maybe, or maybe Taggart's agents is using all the coaching vacancies as a chance to lobby for a better contract with Oregon?

I'm sure Taggart is on a lot of list to give a call to though.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Could really only see Taggart go to Florida (or Florida State, if it ever opened up). No other place makes sense to me as any kind of 'upgrade' to Oregon for what Willie is looking for.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The person who better be on the phone to Taggart is Oregon AD, Rob Mullens, better yet, in person. Whether this report about Taggart's "happiness" are true or just his agent making noise, Mullens has to get in front of this. Taggart has the leverage with Oregon given his ties to Florida, the recruiting class he's built, the buyout that won't bother Florida at all. Mullens needs to find out what is really going on; with the early signing period quickly approaching every day this drags out only hurts Oregon's position with the recruits
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Merganzer wrote:The person who better be on the phone to Taggart is Oregon AD, Rob Mullens, better yet, in person. Whether this report about Taggart's "happiness" are true or just his agent making noise, Mullens has to get in front of this. Taggart has the leverage with Oregon given his ties to Florida, the recruiting class he's built, the buyout that won't bother Florida at all. Mullens needs to find out what is really going on; with the early signing period quickly approaching every day this drags out only hurts Oregon's position with the recruits
Pretty sure Taggart already squashed this. I don't know how much damage control is needed at this point.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

that's just it, although I am calling B.S. Mullens AND Willie T. need to make some kind of short statement to clear this up either way!! We havscrewe one hell of a recruiting class coming in, which is sure to change if Willie T. does want out, but screw any tweets... this NEEDS to be addressed with a statement. I don't like hearing this crap on national TV.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

picksix wrote:that's just it, although I am calling B.S. Mullens AND Willie T. need to make some kind of short statement to clear this up either way!! We havscrewe one hell of a recruiting class coming in, which is sure to change if Willie T. does want out, but screw any tweets... this NEEDS to be addressed with a statement. I don't like hearing this crap on national TV.
The fact that kids continue to commit leads me to believe Taggart has addressed this with those that really matter at the moment. Granted they could all de-commit and follow him anywhere but wouldn't he tell them to hold off if he were really thinking about leaving.

On top of that he's put together one of the top recruiting classes in the country at little ole Oregon. How much better is it going to get anywhere else? I also think the Nike connection means something to these coaches and I'm guessing he doesn't want to piss off PK by leaving after one year.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

picksix wrote:that's just it, although I am calling B.S. Mullens AND Willie T. need to make some kind of short statement to clear this up either way!! We havscrewe one hell of a recruiting class coming in, which is sure to change if Willie T. does want out, but screw any tweets... this NEEDS to be addressed with a statement. I don't like hearing this crap on national TV.
Why? Any statement taking this head on just feeds the rumor mill. He made alluded to all of this in his press conference after the game. On top of that, even if he intends on staying today, Chip could rebuke Florida and they could come offer Willie $6M/yr tomorrow in a state with no income tax and he could be gone tomorrow. I don’t get people who stress over crap they have no control over. If he wants to make 3x as much money in his home state and a more fertile recruiting ground, such is life. This was and will always be a possibility when you hire a guy with roots down there.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

He was asked to day how he handles these rumors. He stated by being honest with the recruits. He stated it would be wrong and unfair lying to recruits. We still have guys committing and re affirming so I am sure he has been asked and told the kids it's all bullshit.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duck24 wrote:
Why? Any statement taking this head on just feeds the rumor mill. He made alluded to all of this in his press conference after the game. On top of that, even if he intends on staying today, Chip could rebuke Florida and they could come offer Willie $6M/yr tomorrow in a state with no income tax and he could be gone tomorrow. I don’t get people who stress over crap they have no control over. If he wants to make 3x as much money in his home state and a more fertile recruiting ground, such is life. This was and will always be a possibility when you hire a guy with roots down there.
Of course we have no control over what Taggart does. Mullens does My hope is that Mullens is proactive in keeping Taggart at Oregon.