Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM

Post by Tray Dub »

It's the guy's birthday, how bout we lay off him eh?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Boy that was a depressing game. Offense was as inept as they were the last time they faced Boise State. Defense did its best but had no offensive support. Have to think all the uncertainty around the coaching staff and messed up scheduling really did them in. I'm hopeful that they'll get things together once things are more settled.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Hoagduck wrote:
rockthief wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:Royce is a quitter.
Don't go there. Is he the first good player to pass up a bowl game? He is a good person and a good player. Be glad for him
He’s a great player, and an even better person. No debate there. Why practice all week? Why play the Civil War? Why play this year at all?
He gave us a fourth year and set all sorts of records. He is deserving of our praise definitely not of our criticism! We were so fortunate that he chose UO and to stick around as long as he did. All the best on his next team!!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Seriously lol @ how much this guy went to bat for Taggart back in Octobe
Do we have two OregonFanForLifes on this board?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Boy that was a depressing game. Offense was as inept as they were the last time they faced Boise State. Defense did its best but had no offensive support. Have to think all the uncertainty around the coaching staff and messed up scheduling really did them in. I'm hopeful that they'll get things together once things are more settled.
This. Can’t wait for a new year and a fresh start.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

I can’t really say any more than what’s been said about the game and preparations for it. On the Subject of Royce sitting out, I don’t like it but also can’t judge him because I’ve never had to make a choice involving potentially millions of personal $. What I completely disagree with is the coaches decision to bring him on the trip and have him on the sidelines and completely agree with what coach Mac Brown said at halftime. Last year I was disappointed in Royce on the field, yes he had an injury he was dealing with but no one on this board can convince me that he didn’t quit on the field last year along with many other players. I look back at this years team and what I’m most proud of is how no matter how bad it was I never saw anyone quit including today. As for what they need to work on most as a team going into next year has got to be discipline (fucking penalties), that was our biggest problem by far whether Herbert was healthy or not.

As for the poster OF4L I’ve blocked him (the only poster I’ve ever blocked), I feel if the Mods don’t want to ban him they should designate a separate game day thread just for him and he can rant, rave, bench players and fire all the coaches he wants. His negativity is seriously depressing, it was comical at first but the negativity is just relentless and now I just feel bad for him. I’m not trying to bash on him or start an argument I genuinely feel bad for him.
mijaha
Two Star Recruit

Post by mijaha »

I'm angry that there are some on here ranting about RF being a quitter. Thats absolute bullshit. Four years at Oregon, one, if not, the alltime best, and because of one bowl game somehow hes at fault for our loss. Thats absurd. I am so grateful that i got to witness his running around and through defenders. Heres hoping he isnt reading the s*** here and goes on to have a wonderful NFL career, representing the great UofO
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think the only answer is for everyone to start their own safe space thread since apparently people can't take OF4L reactions after what, 8 years?

I also think people are naive if they think that every single player on that team yesterday was happy and celebrating for Royce and not feeling a bit of disrespect by his decision. I'm not upset that I didn't get to see him play, I'm upset that he went and practiced all week and then bounced on his teammates. All of these little things like this added up to more player distractions against an opponent that was excited and dialed in to play us.

As for things that actually matter going forward, Cristobal is going to need to find another OL coach that he trusts and if we assume every coach from yesterday stays including Leavitt and Woodie, that would mean we've got one coach we can hire any time and a 2nd coach we can hire after the new staff rules come into place. That would seemingly leave an open spot for OL and ST for those 2 coaches. I think ideally one of those coaches has NFL experience as a Coordinator.

I'm willing to give Arroyo and Cristobal a pass on the offense for this game but with Arroyo being the OC next season, its imperative we retain Jim or get a high quality proven DC back into place because we're going to get some growing pains with Arroyo and having that on both sides of the ball isn't a good look. The schedule starts off easy which will hide problems due to the quality of opponent but that also means that even if Arroyo does call a good game, we're still going to be overly critical as a result of who we were playing too.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

You do have to admit that some of OF4L's in-game reactions are cringe-worthy and somewhat annoying. He's even admitted that he gets too worked-up during games. I don't blame some people for having him on ignore.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:You do have to admit that some of OF4L's in-game reactions are cringe-worthy and somewhat annoying. He's even admitted that he gets too worked-up during games. I don't blame some people for having him on ignore.
Even more inane and obnoxious are those who feel the need to whine about. My experience is that blocking people is more annoying with the blocked text box than simply overlooking it but if you're going to block...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Kani Benoit post-game:

Henry Mondeaux post-game:

Justin Herbert post-game:

Mario Cristobal, Tyree Robinson, and Tyrell Crosby post-game:
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Biggus Duckus wrote:So glad I saw Star Wars instead of watching this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I did the same and contend that Star Wars was a bigger disappointment than the bowl game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

FlDuckFan wrote:

I did the same and contend that Star Wars was a bigger disappointment than the bowl game.
Haven't seen the film but after hearing from people have, the movie dropped the ball on some of the narratives from The Force Awakens and tried too hard to subvert expectations. Plus, I don't find that fans are as enamored with the new characters (Poe, Finn, Rey, Kylo) as they with the old ones (Han, Leia, Luke, Darth Vader.)
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:

Haven't seen the film but after hearing from people have, the movie dropped the ball on some of the narratives from The Force Awakens and tried too hard to subvert expectations. Plus, I don't find that fans are as enamored with the new characters (Poe, Finn, Rey, Kylo) as they with the old ones (Han, Leia, Luke, Darth Vader.)
Felt like a filler episode in a long series rather than a movie. Some of the plot points are clearly ripped off from other scifi films and shows too. The movie felt like it was rushing through to the end and yet I found myself wondering when anything was going to happen. The end was good but it was a shame that out of 2.5 hrs only maybe 30 of it was any good.