Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Re: Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM

Post by Oregonian »

greenyellow wrote:
brich75 wrote:What happened to Matt Mariota?
He got in a little trouble (sounds like nothing major and stuff that most other college students have done) and WT absolutely buried him and made life so miserable that he quit in like October. This pissed off the entire Mariota family and is supposedly one thing that made the team start to dislike him. Seems this poor treatment of walk-ons has happened at every school he's been at.
Wasn't Matt Mariota the guy who won the right to suit-up but declined out of solidarity with the other walk-ons? I bet that pissed WT off.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

All I ask is just no repeat of Vegas bowl against BYU back in 2005 or 2006, can't remember exact year. That was miserable. Oh, and no Grellow helmets with flames.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

^it was '06, '05 was Leaf letting us down in the Holiday Bowl against OU.
Last edited by Oregonian on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

EncinitasDuck wrote:All I ask is just no repeat of Vegas bowl against BYU back in 2005 or 2006, can't remember exact year. That was miserable. Oh, and no Grellow helmets with flames.
that brings back horrible memories. Several friends and i gathered for good
food and beer. Settled in and watched the most uninspired prepared Oregon team
i have ever seen.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Oregonian wrote:^it was '06, '05 was Leaf letting us down in the Holiday Bowl against OU.
oof that's harsh. i will forever put that holiday bowl loss on bellotti.
ImageImageImageImageImage
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The serial qb swapping killed any chance at momentum, and OREGON still had a chance at the end.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Oregonian wrote:^it was '06, '05 was Leaf letting us down in the Holiday Bowl against OU.
2005 was heartbreaking. If Leaf’s pass is 6 inches higher, it’s a game winning TD, IIRC. Although it must be said, wasn’t Oregon technically undefeated that year? Both USC and OU had to forfeit their wins that year because of Rhett Bomar and Reggie Bush NCAA violations and those were Oregon’s only losses.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

Duck24 wrote:
2005 was heartbreaking. If Leaf’s pass is 6 inches higher, it’s a game winning TD, IIRC. Although it must be said, wasn’t Oregon technically undefeated that year? Both USC and OU had to forfeit their wins that year because of Rhett Bomar and Reggie Bush NCAA violations and those were Oregon’s only losses.
Probably not a TD, there was a safety lurking behind Williams who probably would have closed in on him around the 5. But at a minimum we would have had 1st and goal with 30ish seconds and only needing 3.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

A couple of different times now, MC has expressed how he wants to "set the identity" of the program at this game. I'm curious as to what that will mean.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

if memory serves on dixon's first drive we got inside okie's 40 (turnover on downs?) and we scored a TD on his second drive. then leaf came in for no reason, and both qb's were worthless until leaf finally got something going in the 4th.

bellotti did many things well but his handling of quarterbacks could sometimes border on madness.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

That might have been the loss I took the hardest...ever.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Greenblood wrote:A couple of different times now, MC has expressed how he wants to "set the identity" of the program at this game. I'm curious as to what that will mean.
I heard the same thing. He's been a Alabama guy and has mention he wants
to be very physical on both sides of the ball. I think he wants to send a message
that Oregon will come right at you. I like it. He has that sec mentality. He's also
said something about the offense will stay pretty much the same except adapt some of
the Alabama philosophy. Not sure what that will look like. Highly unlikely we see any
of that at the bowl game.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

duckfan22 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:A couple of different times now, MC has expressed how he wants to "set the identity" of the program at this game. I'm curious as to what that will mean.
to be very physical on both sides of the ball. I think he wants to send a message
that Oregon will come right at you. I like it. He has that sec mentality. He's also
said something about the offense will stay pretty much the same except adapt some of
the Alabama philosophy. Not sure what that will look like. Highly unlikely we see any
Ya he wants to smash people in the mouth and Break their will. He has also stated several times that he wants people to not want to play Oregon.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

brich75 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
Ya he wants to smash people in the mouth and Break their will. He has also stated several times that he wants people to not want to play Oregon.
I like it