Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM

Post by gofightingducks »

The Team didn’t give up and fought back which was nice to see. Look Boise State is a good team, well coached and they had zero distractions. The Ducks even with Cristobal still had the uncertainty of most of the rest of the staff and these coaches were spending a lot of time making calls to recruits and even flying out from Vegas recruiting rather than bowl prep and game planning. Moving forward recruiting is more important than this meaningless bowl, I don’t buy the momentum idea. Worst bowl game the Ducks could have been selected to timing wise for both recruiting and the coaching change. Boise just sat back and prepared to play a team they were fired up to play.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

pezsez1 wrote:Silver lining #2 -- we made halftime adjustments!
Yes we woke up in the second half........ now for next season, don't lead the nation in total penalties and total penalty yards! Sad...
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by Hoagduck »

Royce is a quitter.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

gofightingducks wrote:The Team didn’t give up and fought back which was nice to see. Look Boise State is a good team, well coached and they had zero distractions. The Ducks even with Cristobal still had the uncertainty of most of the rest of the staff and these coaches were spending a lot of time making calls to recruits and even flying out from Vegas recruiting rather than bowl prep and game planning. Moving forward recruiting is more important than this meaningless bowl, I don’t buy the momentum idea. Worst bowl game the Ducks could have been selected to timing wise for both recruiting and the coaching change. Boise just sat back and prepared to play a team they were fired up to play.
+1.

It all doesn't excuse coming out far too flat and Justin playing his worst game of the year but if we could have played on January 2nd instead of Dec. 16th it would have been much better. Instead, I think most around the program just saw the game as a burden to get out of the way instead of reward.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

gofightingducks wrote:The Team didn’t give up and fought back which was nice to see. Look Boise State is a good team, well coached and they had zero distractions. The Ducks even with Cristobal still had the uncertainty of most of the rest of the staff and these coaches were spending a lot of time making calls to recruits and even flying out from Vegas recruiting rather than bowl prep and game planning. Moving forward recruiting is more important than this meaningless bowl, I don’t buy the momentum idea. Worst bowl game the Ducks could have been selected to timing wise for both recruiting and the coaching change. Boise just sat back and prepared to play a team they were fired up to play.

Plus they missed a week of practice for finals week.

The O line got dominated. Shouldn't have happened but the O line coach was a bit distracted. We really don't know what position coaches were possibly negotiating contracts instead of game planning. Discouraging game but I will wait to see the product that is on the field next year before I make any judgement on coaching.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Hoagduck wrote:Royce is a quitter.
Don't go there. Is he the first good player to pass up a bowl game? He is a good person and a good player. Be glad for him
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

rockthief wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:Royce is a quitter.
Don't go there. Is he the first good player to pass up a bowl game? He is a good person and a good player. Be glad for him
He’s a great player, and an even better person. No debate there. Why practice all week? Why play the Civil War? Why play this year at all?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

For a team that so was outspoken and vehemently backed their coaches, man did they lay a giant turd on the field. The OL was garbage, the RB’s were garbage, Herbert looked like Burmeister, TE’s were garbage. The freaking punter was the only guy who brought his A game today. I’ll chalk this one up to the emotional highs and lows of the last few weeks but that was atrocious on all fronts. The D was meh at best. Yes they made a few key plays that kept the game from getting out of hand but they were dominated for most of the game. What a shitty performance.

Best thing for them all is to hit the town, have a few too many drinks, go to Treasures and forget tonight ever happened. Coaching staff included. That was embarrassing.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

Duck24 wrote:For a team that so was outspoken and vehemently backed their coaches, man did they lay a giant turd on the field. The OL was garbage, the RB’s were garbage, Herbert looked like Burmeister, TE’s were garbage. The freaking punter was the only guy who brought his A game today. I’ll chalk this one up to the emotional highs and lows of the last few weeks but that was atrocious on all fronts. The D was meh at best. Yes they made a few key plays that kept the game from getting out of hand but they were dominated for most of the game. What a shitty performance.

Best thing for them all is to hit the town, have a few too many drinks, go to Treasures and forget tonight ever happened. Coaching staff included. That was embarrassing.
And all too reminiscent of the 2009 game. Thought I was going to flush that from my memory. No shortage of Boise transplants, strutting their blue and orange colors around the Portland area; so yeah it’s frustrating; but outside of that this is nothing but a speed bump.

Three weeks after the 2009 Boise debacle. We took apart 8th ranked Cal: 42-3; and that was the beginning of a great ride. Looking forward to next year. As always, Go Ducks.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Just to rub some salt in our wounds....... the Ducks are now 0-3 vs Boise St. #thepunch!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Down after the game but there were positives. Like others have said, second half adjustments and they never quit. I hope Cristobal sees after this game that a full time OL coach is necessary.

A couple of worries:
- Justin is not good against pressure
- The team looked disinterested in the 1st half. We were lucky to still be in it.
- Shitty playcalling in the first half.
- Oline looked really bad
- We need WRs that can get separation badly
- The seniors other than Springs and Crosby sucked.
- How was Troy dehydrated? Partying?
- Penalties
- Need depth at LB badly
- Team was distrcted
- I don't disagree with Royce's decision but I disagree with the coaches allowing him to be on the sidelines or even in LV

I hope the coaches learn from this. I'm curious what their recruiting spin will be.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I was working so did not see the game. I worried about whether Oregon would play with heart and passion. I almost picked Boise State for that reason. I thought possibly given all that Oregon been through with the total classless actions of one Wilie Taggart and the uncertainties of coach that followed Oregon would not have enough heart to win the game.
pdxmallard
Two Star Recruit

Post by pdxmallard »

Oregon has to be BSU's favorite opponent. At this point ridiculous to say Oregon is the better program.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

Bigwaved wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Fire Arroyo.
You come across like such a game thread tool. If you had your way they would have a new coaching staff pretty much after every loss. Lighten up. If you had a clue you would see the offensive line getting dominated on a lot of plays. It is hard to do much with that situation.
Glad somebody else has noticed this. Seriously lol @ how much this guy went to bat for Taggart back in October.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Oregonian wrote:
Bigwaved wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Fire Arroyo.
You come across like such a game thread tool. If you had your way they would have a new coaching staff pretty much after every loss. Lighten up. If you had a clue you would see the offensive line getting dominated on a lot of plays. It is hard to do much with that situation.
Glad somebody else has noticed this. Seriously lol @ how much this guy went to bat for Taggart back in October.
*Grabs popcorn waiting for OF4L’s response*