Assistant coach thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Assistant coach thread

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Looking around at various FSU sites and pieced together who they/we think is most likely to stay.

- They all tend to think Leavitt is a done deal, and guys like Prehm have also said this
- FSU likes their current DB coach, but if Leavitt goes Clark is likely to follow
- As I said they like their DB coach and even if they got Clark would move their current guy to safety coach. So Heyward likely stays here
- Their D-line coach is their interim coach and beloved apparently so we should for sure be able to keep coach Joe
- Coach Woodie is gone, obviously
- Same with Pimpleton, although their current RB coach is good
- WR coach is supposedly already in place so Johnson likely sticks with us
- No consensus but Arroyo wasn't really mentioned for their OC spot
- They also think that David Reaves might be brought in and 'forgiven'
- Cristobal is the biggest question mark. Even if he's not named HC there's no consensus on which way he goes

TLDR:
Leaving - Leavitt / Clark / Woodie / Pimpleton

Staying(hopefully) - Arroyo / Heyward / Johnson / Coach Joe / Cristobal?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Assistant coach thread

Post by karlhungis »

Leavitt is only leaving if we let him. It isn't some foregone conclusion. I don't know how you guys have the stomach to read what FSU fans are saying.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

karlhungis wrote:Leavitt is only leaving if we let him. It isn't some foregone conclusion. I don't know how you guys have the stomach to read what FSU fans are saying.
I did it purely for research. The assistant coaches thread on tomahawk nation was the best and level headed. Anything else was mostly gloating.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

FSU fans sound the same as we did almost a year ago. I find it enjoyable to read. They took Slick's bait way deep. I wonder when and how he will screw them?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

rockthief wrote:FSU fans sound the same as we did almost a year ago. I find it enjoyable to read. They took Slick's bait way deep. I wonder when and how he will screw them?

By not winning the games they want him to. The fanbase wont be happy when in year 3 he hasn't beaten Clemson and Miami at all and only UF 1 time.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
rockthief wrote:FSU fans sound the same as we did almost a year ago. I find it enjoyable to read. They took Slick's bait way deep. I wonder when and how he will screw them?

By not winning the games they want him to. The fanbase wont be happy when in year 3 he hasn't beaten Clemson and Miami at all and only UF 1 time.

I can't wait for them to go 5-7 for three years in a row and he loses his job. I will throw a party on top of a mountain and you're all invited.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Fsu plays VA tech first game 2018 go hokies
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Dang Willie could actually start 0-1. That would be bad for him.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan22 wrote:Fsu plays VA tech first game 2018 go hokies

Lol, yes I would love to see him start 2-10 next season........ I may be kind wishing for two wins.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

As far as Assistant's go, next year we get to add an additional coach so HC +10 and I don't believe the S&C coach counts since that's a separate, department position. Of course there is also that whole "analyst" position to that doesn't count since they can't be involved in game stuff but can break down film, game-plan, etc. Mike Nolan would make a hell of a Defensive Analyst
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Duck07 wrote:As far as Assistant's go, next year we get to add an additional coach so HC +10 and I don't believe the S&C coach counts since that's a separate, department position. Of course there is also that whole "analyst" position to that doesn't count since they can't be involved in game stuff but can break down film, game-plan, etc. Mike Nolan would make a hell of a Defensive Analyst
That would be a heckuva retirement supplement job, wouldn't it?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I wonder if Gilbertson stays on.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

If Mario gets the nod at HC, I wish there's some way to keep Clark from going to FSU.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:If Mario gets the nod at HC, I wish there's some way to keep Clark from going to FSU.
Same but there's some really good DB coach options.