Assistant Coaches: Comings and Goings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Assistant Coaches: Comings and Goings

Post by Phenom »

I did find it interesting that he has nothing about Wazzu football in his description. And he said, "what cougar football was all about. " Was..past tense.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:I did find it interesting that he has nothing about Wazzu football in his description. And he said, "what cougar football was all about. " Was..past tense.
Well you can't really talk about Halinski in the present or future tense anymore so it does make sense the way he worded it.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:
Phenom wrote:I did find it interesting that he has nothing about Wazzu football in his description. And he said, "what cougar football was all about. " Was..past tense.
Well you can't really talk about Halinski in the present or future tense anymore so it does make sense the way he worded it.
Isn't he referring to Cougar football, though?
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

greenyellow wrote:
The second "was" referred to being a Cougar, not the late-Tyler. The tense of being a Cougar belongs to the author. So if he's being accurate grammatically then he's no longer a Cougar. But he's just human and could have written in poorly.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

5$ wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
The second "was" referred to being a Cougar, not the late-Tyler. The tense of being a Cougar belongs to the author. So if he's being accurate grammatically then he's no longer a Cougar. But he's just human and could have written in poorly.
I wouldn’t put too much stock into football coaches being grammatically correct and trying to glean insight from what their grammar usage means since most of them are former football players.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duck24 wrote:
5$ wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
I wouldn’t put too much stock into football coaches being grammatically correct and trying to glean insight from what their grammar usage means since most of them are former football players.
Especially when we are talking about a young man who just passed away. Grammar is rather inconsequential at that point IMO.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Madsduck wrote:Looks like Jim Mastro will be the man.

Out of curiosity, where is this info coming from?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

With Peter Sirmon out at Louisville, I wonder if he gains any interest from the Ducks?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

woundedknees wrote:With Peter Sirmon out at Louisville, I wonder if he gains any interest from the Ducks?
Just got hired as associate head coach/ILBs at Cal. Going back to Wilcox.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'd be surprised if they have a full staff by Signing Day.
Madsduck
One Star Recruit

Post by Madsduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:

Outside the football program but inside the University.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Madsduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:

Outside the football program but inside the University.
Thanks for the info Mads!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Saw a rumor that Cort Dennison, Louisville LB coach and recruiting coordinator, may be returning to the Pacific Northwest. Apparently the former Husky is seriously considering joining the Oregon staff. Reportedly another terrific recruiter. Has anybody else heard anything?
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Mastro basically confirmed by scoopduck

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

maxduck wrote:Saw a rumor that Cort Dennison, Louisville LB coach and recruiting coordinator, may be returning to the Pacific Northwest. Apparently the former Husky is seriously considering joining the Oregon staff. Reportedly another terrific recruiter. Has anybody else heard anything?
Jhop seems confident

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk