Cristobal vs. Taggart character

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Cristobal vs. Taggart character

Post by pezsez1 »

Disclaimer... I haven't seriously researched this... this is basically the first thing I found on Google.

That said, that effective tax rates in Oregon and Florida really aren't that different, according to this: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-st ... ayer/2416/

I had a feeling this would be the case. I was stoked when I moved back to Portland from WA, although I was obviously worried about what Oregon's income tax would do to my income. The answer was... well, not much. Because WA has a sales tax, more expensive car tabs, higher property tax rates, etc. In other words, I traded a sales tax and some add-ons for an income tax with less add-ons. Oregon isn't even that bad, either, when accounting for average incomes per locations.

Now... how does this translate when you go from making a typical American's lower/lower-middle/middle-class income to making $2+ million per year? I'm sure the math changes, but those changes are probably somewhat relative too.

Basically, yes, you pocket more of your paycheck in Florida, but I'd honestly be surprised if that were actually a factor in WT's decision.

Taxes & fees are a giant shell game, and the house always wins.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Duck24 wrote:This is up there on the list of dumbest threads in Ducks Attack history. You guys sounds like the bitter and jealous ex. College football coaches are all salesmen, some are just better than others. Willie was a great salesman, had great charisma and knew how to speak to a room. Stop trying to make him leaving sound like a character flaw. None of you would turn down a chance at a pre-tax 66% raise and opportunity to go home.
This.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Geez. He went to FSU because that was the job he always wanted and he recruited FSU players on Oregon's dime before he left. He's an ass.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Groundswell wrote:Geez. He went to FSU because that was the job he always wanted and he recruited FSU players on Oregon's dime before he left. He's an ass.
Thåt's low. Where's the proof tho?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I personally don’t find this to be a stupid thread, I think it’s an interesting question. I don’t know either of them well, but what I have heard is that the players liked Cristobal more even before Taggart left. I heard from a player’s mom that Mario is more personable than Willie and that Willie had some random mean streaks in him. But I didn’t personally see anything so I don’t know for sure, but from that info from a player’s mom, I would guess that Mario has better character.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I personally don’t find this to be a stupid thread, I think it’s an interesting question. I don’t know either of them well, but what I have heard is that the players liked Cristobal more even before Taggart left. I heard from a player’s mom that Mario is more personable than Willie and that Willie had some random mean streaks in him. But I didn’t personally see anything so I don’t know for sure, but from that info from a player’s mom, I would guess that Mario has better character.
In fairness Mario was an offensive lineman and everyone knows the offensive line is where you go to get the charmers.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think you only have to look at how Willie handled the whole thing with the rhabdo incident and banning Greif for a time due to his coverage to see how thin-skinned WT was. Then you saw after losses how defensive he got at times.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Phenom wrote:
Groundswell wrote:Geez. He went to FSU because that was the job he always wanted and he recruited FSU players on Oregon's dime before he left. He's an ass.
Go look at the players FWT started recruiting at the same time Jimbo quit recruiting at FSU. Sure you could say FWT was just trying to poach a few players but...

FSU boosters were furious that Jimbo quit recruiting. And that was a month before he left. He was gone, and everybody started saying Willie was going to be the next coach. Remember, FSU fans/boosters had FWT pegged for a long time.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Phenom wrote:
Sounds like he was playing all sorts of games including recruiting FL kids he never intended to allow to sign

The man is a slimeball

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duckenstein wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Sounds like he was playing all sorts of games including recruiting FL kids he never intended to allow to sign

The man is a slimeball

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Where did this come up?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Funny how all of these rumors about him being a shitty person come to light after he leaves and it fits the narrative of the butthurt portion of our Duck brethren.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Duck24 wrote:Funny how all of these rumors about him being a shitty person come to light after he leaves and it fits the narrative of the butthurt portion of our Duck brethren.
You must not be a Duck fan.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:Funny how all of these rumors about him being a shitty person come to light after he leaves and it fits the narrative of the butthurt portion of our Duck brethren.
It seems some people were sitting on these stories because they could be damaging to recruiting and the program. Now that he's gone, the dirty laundry is going to come out. It'll continue playing with some fans but for the most part, people have moved on. I, for one, have already moved on as there's no sense in continuing to go after him, especially with a new coach in place and a bowl game in less than a week.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

The difference is....WT is quite the character, MC has character & class.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

greenyellow wrote:
It seems some people were sitting on these stories because they could be damaging to recruiting and the program. Now that he's gone, the dirty laundry is going to come out. It'll continue playing with some fans but for the most part, people have moved on. I, for one, have already moved on as there's no sense in continuing to go after him, especially with a new coach in place and a bowl game in less than a week.
It's been barely 5 days though. I'll move on as things head towards signing day, and we start gearing up for Spring practice. But if somebody wants to come on the boards and talk about how our old coach was a great guy who did nothing other than chase his dreams, I'm going to resist that at least for a little while longer.