Burmeister Transferring?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Burmeister Transferring?

Post by SuperDuck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:I can't understand why a team P5 team would look at burmeister as an asset

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13 wrote:I can. Stanford, UW, WSU and UCLA all found him incredibly valuable.
Me too. If Chip had him that kid would likely do well.
John 3:36
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Transferring after getting a bunch of starts as a true freshman smells like he is having some off-the-field issues. At Oregon, he's solidly the #2 guy despite doing little to earn that spot, and definitely can't argue with not being the #1 guy.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:Transferring after getting a bunch of starts as a true freshman smells like he is having some off-the-field issues. At Oregon, he's solidly the #2 guy despite doing little to earn that spot, and definitely can't argue with not being the #1 guy.
X2, I'm curious to see how this shakes out, with all of his recent follows sure sounds like he's thinking about a transfer. As bad as his down field passing was and his "deer in the headlights" play he is still the number two guy at this point.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

As history shows, #2 often becomes #1 at some point in the season.
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Post by vegasdom »

Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Transferring after getting a bunch of starts as a true freshman smells like he is having some off-the-field issues. At Oregon, he's solidly the #2 guy despite doing little to earn that spot, and definitely can't argue with not being the #1 guy.
X2, I'm curious to see how this shakes out, with all of his recent follows sure sounds like he's thinking about a transfer. As bad as his down field passing was and his "deer in the headlights" play he is still the number two guy at this point.
Ya he is the #2 lol, at least until Tyler Shough steps on the field.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

vegasdom wrote:
Alan wrote:
I was thinking that also about Shough, but we have a bunch of recent great QB recruits you just simply flopped.....yet Herbert was a basic unknown, much as Mariota was, he was only offered from Oregon and Washington.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Maybe Willie can use him at FSU? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrBradBuss
Junior
GM: Detroit Pistons GM

Post by DrBradBuss »

vegasdom wrote:
Alan wrote:
There is no basis for this, other than the same speculation that led everyone to think Burmeister was the next coming last year.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

DrBradBuss wrote:
vegasdom wrote:
Alan wrote:
There is no basis for this, other than the same speculation that led everyone to think Burmeister was the next coming last year.
Nobody said that...
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:It's unfortunate he had to play when Allie got knocked out. A tough situation to be put in with very low odds of success and high odds of psychic bruising.

QB is such a visible position. Lenoir was equally or frankly more ineffective yet virtually everyone is understanding that the trials of a true freshmen DB can be meaningless to what he turns out to be. Too bad for BB.

You're nuts if that's what you think. Lenoir had some bad plays yes, but he also played a.lot of quality football, Braxton played very, very little quality football. The last true fr I saw that was as bad as BB was Binns. Theres a lot to.be excited about with Lenoir, there's nothing you can build on with Burmeister.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Burmeister needs a redshirt year. Oregon coaches might not provide that for him.