Royce Freeman will sit out the Las Vegas Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Royce Freeman will sit out the Las Vegas Bowl

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:You guys hating his decisions should rethink things.
Nope.
Lol, okay
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Any word if Crosby is playing?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Getting the feeling he'll be sitting out as well.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I bet Crosby plays. He seems to love playing Oregon football and missing one final chance seems unlikely- and loves his new coach AND he's from Vegas. I think he plays
Last edited by UofDuck on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

UofDuck wrote:I bet Crosby plays. He seems to love playing Oregon football and missing one final chance seems unlikely- and loves his new coach AND his from Vegas. I think he plays
Agreed, he's going to love playing for the home crowd. I'm going to miss seeing Royce on the field Saturday, but I'm ok with him missing out on the cash-grab bowl. If it was a bowl with more at stake, I say he plays.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UofDuck wrote:I bet Crosby plays. He seems to love playing Oregon football and missing one final chance seems unlikely- and loves his new coach AND his from Vegas. I think he plays
Yes! He did say in a interview he will have a lot of family at the game, I forgot about that, he should play judging from that statement
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Royce did his share this year. Time for Benoit and TBJ to shine.

Thank you, Rolls Royce!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
midwestduck82
Three Star Recruit

Post by midwestduck82 »

This might be Benoit's last time to shine. I don't think he was invited to either Senior Bowl. 150 yards and 2 TDs might earn an invite to the NFL Combine. Royce sitting out might be a good thing for him.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Royce has more carries than any back in Oregon history. But yeah, he's selfish for sitting this one out. Way to go guys.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Alan wrote:You guys hating his decisions should rethink things. I'm 100% for his decision for many reasons, Willie was one of the reasons he came back for his senior season,..... Willie baled without a second thought, Willie makes millions...... time for Royce to cash in. This is a meaningless game, hope we win, but.....it means little in the big picture. Next reason...Efo.... one bad cut and knee is gone and you're done. He will make a couple of million, smart decision, not a surprise... he made the right decision! Period
No "hating" involved. Just stating an opinion.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Why is Royce playing in the Senior Bowl then if he's worried about contact and injury? Just another great example of the me first millennial generation attitude. If I was a GM or scout I'd be looking for guys who love to play the game, not just there to collect a paycheck. If you're a first or second round pick I can deal with the decision but he'll be lucky to go in the third and more likely going around the 5th round. Best of luck to Mr Freeman just seems like he's quitting on his school and teammates.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I don't understand the senior bowl, maybe he won't play, but as someone said they go bout half speed in that game and get just a few carries.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

neezy3 wrote:Why is Royce playing in the Senior Bowl then if he's worried about contact and injury? Just another great example of the me first millennial generation attitude. If I was a GM or scout I'd be looking for guys who love to play the game, not just there to collect a paycheck. If you're a first or second round pick I can deal with the decision but he'll be lucky to go in the third and more likely going around the 5th round. Best of luck to Mr Freeman just seems like he's quitting on his school and teammates.
Oof.

This is not true to a major extent, and your post reeks of spreading the unfair demonization millennials receive at the hands of far too many in society, but to the extent you are right, why do you think they are that way? Who is responsible for an entire generation of people (supposedly) being selfish and self-centered? It definitely wouldn't be the adults that raised them and the adults that established the culture they grew up in, now would it? Why do you direct all the blame towards the children and not those responsible for how they turned out?
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

Good for you Royce, this decision, although has to be tough not being out there on the field with his teammates I feel is the RIGHT decision. You earned the right to make this decision and you came back for your senior year for the team. I thank you for everything you gave us. GO DUCKS!!!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

neezy3 wrote:Why is Royce playing in the Senior Bowl then if he's worried about contact and injury? Just another great example of the me first millennial generation attitude. If I was a GM or scout I'd be looking for guys who love to play the game, not just there to collect a paycheck. If you're a first or second round pick I can deal with the decision but he'll be lucky to go in the third and more likely going around the 5th round. Best of luck to Mr Freeman just seems like he's quitting on his school and teammates.
Awful take.

Participating in the Senior Bowl makes way more sense than a meaningless game. The Senior Bowl and the week leading up to it is attended by hoards of NFL scouts, coaches, GM’s, personnel guys and so on. They can see him up close and personal, in pads, run him through drills in as close to a game style situation as possible. Yes the risk of injury is there but the reward of a great week at the Senior Bowl is much greater than a great Las Vegas Bowl. He has given four record breaking years to the Ducks, he owes them nothing more. His teammates and coaches support him, why can’t you?