perennialduck
One Star Recruit

LaMichael James?

Post by perennialduck »

perennialduck
One Star Recruit

Re: LaMichael James?

Post by perennialduck »

Not sure if the Ducks are in a position to take a flyer on James, but it does sound interesting.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Very rare for a guy to jump in at position coach at a power 5 school. Almost always have to be a GA first, a la Harper and Clay
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Not to be rude but good old Nate Costa is a more qualified candidate than LMJ.

I'm all for bringing him in to be a GA if there's a spot open.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

I'd want this to work out if it could, but I genuinely don't know how good he'd be. If nothing else, I'd imagine he could very helpful in recruiting players from Texas because he has experience of leaving Texas for Oregon that he can relate to recruits who may have concerns about it. Hopefully they explore it for at least a GA spot.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Let’s get some experience with the RBs please. Arroyo is already a first timer at his position, we can’t afford to have another coach learning on the job. With all due respect, love ya Lamike!
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

stlDUCKfan wrote:Let’s get some experience with the RBs please. Arroyo is already a first timer at his position, we can’t afford to have another coach learning on the job. With all due respect, love ya Lamike!
Arroyo has been an OC at: San Jose St, Wyoming and with the Buccaneers in the NFL. Co-OC at Oklahoma St too I believe with maybe one other gig interposed in there(going off top of my head for all of it).
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
stlDUCKfan wrote:Let’s get some experience with the RBs please. Arroyo is already a first timer at his position, we can’t afford to have another coach learning on the job. With all due respect, love ya Lamike!
Arroyo has been an OC at: San Jose St, Wyoming and with the Buccaneers in the NFL. Co-OC at Oklahoma St too I believe with maybe one other gig interposed in there(going off top of my head for all of it).

I was under the impression it was just the small schools, I though he was just QB in Tampa and RB at OKST? I think that’s what he was technically.

But you’re right I had no clue he was OC at Wyoming. I’m glad he has more experience than I thought.
Last edited by stlDUCKfan on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Terrible idea! And I hope LaMike was drunk when he sent that out, if it is his site. Let's get anyone else with experience, I hope it wasn't him
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

stlDUCKfan wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:

I was under the impression it was just the small schools, I though he was just QB in Tampa and RB at OKST? I think that’s what he was technically.

But you’re right I had no clue he was OC at Wyoming. I’m glad he has more experience than I thought.
He called plays in Tampa after their OC went down with an illness.

He was an OC at Prairie View AM and also passing game coordinator and QB coach at Cal. And he was just RB coach at Ok-St, I thought he was co OC but apparently not.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I vote no but he would make a good GA
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:I vote no but he would make a good GA
Did he get his degree? He's got to put in the grunt work and that's where he's welcome to apply.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Arrayo was the fill in oc at Tampa Bay when tedford went down to health reasons. He has experience. Lamike would be a great coach! You all underestimate his experience. Granted he should go the GA route but the fact he wants to be at Oregon should say a lot. He wants to give back to the program. Has Ahmad ever done that? No.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

TualatinDuck wrote:Arrayo was the fill in oc at Tampa Bay when tedford went down to health reasons. He has experience. Lamike would be a great coach! You all underestimate his experience. Granted he should go the GA route but the fact he wants to be at Oregon should say a lot. He wants to give back to the program. Has Ahmad ever done that? No.
Future great coaches don't get cut from NFL teams for fighting with the star wr.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

LMJ learned from the best (Coach Campbell)....so I'd be OK with him as a GA.