BIG Uglies on the O' line/ D line

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

picksix
Three Star Recruit

BIG Uglies on the O' line/ D line

Post by picksix »

So here we go.. I think Cristoballin era is transitioning to dare I say Alabamaesque or stanfordesque road grade O'line. It will take some time, but with these 330 pound O'line recruits coming in to protect the QB and opening holes for our runningbacks. I`m ok with a change if indeed this is Cristobal & staffs changing offensive system. What teams O-lines always gave our defenses trouble in the CK, Helf era... the Stanfords, Auburn in the natty. Maybe we going that direction and with our Defense getting bigger upfront and 230 plus linebackers. QB's Herbert & Tyler Shough will bee perfect in this kinda new offense if thats our future. Recruiting the best Athletes recievers and runningbacks & O'line and on the D- side, big lineman, strong fast bigger LB's. I guess time will tell, but i am fine if we do change it up.
Merganzer
Senior

Re: BIG Uglies on the O' line/ D line

Post by Merganzer »

Former skill players from Alabama include, Heisman winning RB's, Ingram and Henry, NFL, All Pro WR, Julio Jones, currently, Calvin Ridley, and of course the OL, and the defense. If this is where Cristobal wants to take his team, I'm fine with it.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I’d like to see a tru hybrid
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

The thing about Alabamaesque is Bama gets huge players, and they are also faster and more explosive than most other teams' small line-ups. We'll have to hope we can get big dudes who can move. There aren't many of those out there.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Merganzer wrote:Former skill players from Alabama include, Heisman winning RB's, Ingram and Henry, NFL, All Pro WR, Julio Jones, currently, Calvin Ridley, and of course the OL, and the defense. If this is where Cristobal wants to take his team, I'm fine with it.
I'm sure Cristobal would enjoy loading up with a bunch of 5* skill players
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Recruiting huge dudes for the sake of being huge dudes doesn't work out well. Athleticism and a good frame (even if they need to grow into it a bit) are what matter most for OL.