Where Should Bo Nix Be Drafted?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Where Should Bo Nix Be Drafted?

Post by SuperDuck »

I've seen several mock drafts where he's gone as high as #12 to being left out of the 1st round completely.

From a monetary standpoint, players almost always want to get drafted as high as possible. However, many of those guys struggle because of the lack of talent around them, as well as the speed of the game.

Personally, I think Bo would be better off being drafted in the latter part of the 1st round.

If he can be a bridge QB and sit for 1-2 years, it would help him immensely in the future. In addition, having a good offensive line, as well as a decent running game and receivers, would take a LOT of pressure off him when he does see the field.

I'd hate for him to be drafted as some teams "saving grace" if they had the NY Jets O-Line. The poor kid could be running for his life every play and getting sacked far too much.

A situation like Jordon Love had in Green Bay would be perfect.

Thoughts?
John 3:36
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Where Should Bo Nix Be Drafted?

Post by StevensTechU »

I see him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder, personally. I think he'll be drafted in the 2nd.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I agree with your assessment on this. Bo absolutely doesn't need to be thrown to the lions like Joey and Akili were.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think Where is more appropriate than What round.

I think Denver/Sean Payton is the best fit for his skillset and Pittsburgh could be an interesting option as a team that is likely to have him higher on their board than others.

I think the Broncos will try to do something like move Patrick Surtain for a 2nd rounder to draft Bo.
Ducks Decoy
One Star Recruit

Post by Ducks Decoy »

Kurt Warner's breakdown of Bo's skill-set.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Duck07 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:57 am I think Where is more appropriate than What round.

I think Denver/Sean Payton is the best fit for his skillset and Pittsburgh could be an interesting option as a team that is likely to have him higher on their board than others.

I think the Broncos will try to do something like move Patrick Surtain for a 2nd rounder to draft Bo.
Broncos maybe, but not Pittsburgh. They just picked up Wilson and fields, with fields looking like he'll take over in a couple of years.

While I wouldn't want it to happen, I can see the jets drafting him to try and take over after Rogers retires. I can also see Cleveland drafting him. Watson hasn't looked good there, and lord knows they love to burn through quarterbacks. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Atlanta to learn behind cousins. The guy is severely underrated and Nix can sit for a few seasons and learn the game
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »