Re: Oregon spring scrimmage set

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Cool, 2 pm is a late start time.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

That is a much better start time than it has been in years past.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

So much better than 11 am
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Handsome Dan wrote:That is a much better start time than it has been in years past.
The early start time was so fans could take in a baseball or softball game after the scrimmage. I took in several Duck baseball games which kind of justifies the drive down to Eugene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Handsome Dan wrote:That is a much better start time than it has been in years past.
The early start time was so fans could take in a baseball or softball game after the scrimmage. I took in several Duck baseball games which kind of justifies the drive down to Eugene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I suppose that does make it easier to justify driving from Portland, doesn't it? Could they not just schedule that game later, though?
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya I've gone to softball game twice after it, but I think this year's spring game is at the same time softball plays that day.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yeah, Ducks have a home softball game scheduled for 3 p.m. that day vs Stanford (http://goducks.com/schedule.aspx?path=softball). Gotta think the softball program isn't thrilled with the football program's choice of game time. I won't be surprised if the softball game gets moved to 6 p.m. or so. Shouldn't be a huge hardship since Stanford is in town for a game the next day as well.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I like the later start. I don't want to wake up at 7AM on a Saturday, and I want to eat my Track Town before the game.

Looks like the baseball game against OSU is at 4PM. I imagine they will push it back a bit. Not sure if I'll be in the Caribbean that week, but if not it sounds like a great Saturday. Hopefully the weather is as nice as 2017 and 2016.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I like the later start. I don't want to wake up at 7AM on a Saturday, and I want to eat my Track Town before the game.

Looks like the baseball game against OSU is at 4PM. I imagine they will push it back a bit. Not sure if I'll be in the Caribbean that week, but if not it sounds like a great Saturday. Hopefully the weather is as nice as 2017 and 2016.

Caribbean vs Duck Spring game.......... I love my Ducks but that’s a tough call especially if the wife and kids are involved, can’t blame anyone for that. Plus if you have Dish or Charter (maybe Sling) you can watch it online. Just take a laptop and HDMI cable to watch it on a bigger screen.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

rsbgduck wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:I like the later start. I don't want to wake up at 7AM on a Saturday, and I want to eat my Track Town before the game.

Caribbean vs Duck Spring game.......... I love my Ducks but that’s a tough call especially if the wife and kids are involved, can’t blame anyone for that. Plus if you have Dish or Charter (maybe Sling) you can watch it online. Just take a laptop and HDMI cable to watch it on a bigger screen.
Oh trust me, I'm going no matter what I just haven't decided if it will be that week or the one before. This may very well be the deciding factor. No wife or kids, but a girlfriend who loves Oregon baseball and knows this would most likely be the only Oregon baseball game we go to this year.

Thanks for the tip, I've got Dish (thanks to Pac-12 network for forcing me to switch from DirecTV). However, as I've learned from my past experiences there WiFi can be slow and I'm okay with just DVRing it. It's just an awesome reason to drive down to Eugene and hit up our favorite food places and get a small dose of football to tide me over until September.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:

Oh trust me, I'm going no matter what I just haven't decided if it will be that week or the one before. This may very well be the deciding factor. No wife or kids, but a girlfriend who loves Oregon baseball and knows this would most likely be the only Oregon baseball game we go to this year.

Thanks for the tip, I've got Dish (thanks to Pac-12 network for forcing me to switch from DirecTV). However, as I've learned from my past experiences there WiFi can be slow and I'm okay with just DVRing it. It's just an awesome reason to drive down to Eugene and hit up our favorite food places and get a small dose of football to tide me over until September.
This doesn't seem like much of a decision to me unless the airfare and lodging is significantly cheaper that week.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Except I looked and Baseball is not at home that day they are playing Cornvalley
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

cordy02c wrote:Except I looked and Baseball is not at home that day they are playing Cornvalley
Oh I was assuming they were at home based on the discussion. That does change things a bit, though it should be noted that the fourth quarter of the Spring Game is generally skippable and Corvallis isn't really that out of the way for someone heading from Eugene to Portland. Unless he wanted to chill in Eugene after the baseball game, he could easily head down in the morning, hit up <food places>, leave the football game around 3:15 or 3:20 when it starts dragging, and head to Corvallis for the baseball game before returning to Portland.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’ll be stuck in Disneyland during this, there’s no place like Autzen!