Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Scrimmage Saturday at Franklin High School

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... satur.html

Cool opportunity for those of us in Portland to see the team. It was fan last year when I went to the scrimmage at Jesuit High School.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Scrimmage Saturday at Franklin High School

Post by GrantDuck »

Hope to see some personal reports, but sounds like from the usual bunch that Herbert/Schooler and both Dye brothers had standout days.

Sounds like the backup D-line showed some promising guys too.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Dye apparently played most of the RB with 1s and 2s. Where was Verdell?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

jimmy12 wrote:Dye apparently played most of the RB with 1s and 2s. Where was Verdell?
This is from a report I read in the Statesman Jounal this morning, a quote from Jorden Scott;

"Sophomore defensive lineman Jordon Scott said all of the running backs have looked good this spring, but one player has stood out.

“CJ Verdell, he runs very hard, so I like him,” Scott said. “I really like this running back group. Nobody is really known except Tony, but everybody is a good player.”

Was anyone at the scrimmage any opinions from the sidelines?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Verdell and Felix were both held out of the scrimmage (but participated in the drills) yesterday so I assume they had some type of nagging injuries they were trying to protect.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Alan wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:Dye apparently played most of the RB with 1s and 2s. Where was Verdell?
This is from a report I read in the Statesman Jounal this morning, a quote from Jorden Scott;

"Sophomore defensive lineman Jordon Scott said all of the running backs have looked good this spring, but one player has stood out.

“CJ Verdell, he runs very hard, so I like him,” Scott said. “I really like this running back group. Nobody is really known except Tony, but everybody is a good player.”

I believe Jalen Redd (#30) showed lots of speed and illusiveness, at top speed, on kickoff returns...Blocking helped out, but he looked damn effective...The announcing over the PA could have been better, or..possibly some paperwork to identify the players numbers would have been a great help...
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

ducksrock wrote:
Alan wrote:

I believe Jalen Redd (#30) showed lots of speed and illusiveness, at top speed, on kickoff returns...Blocking helped out, but he looked damn effective...The announcing over the PA could have been better, or..possibly some paperwork to identify the players numbers would have been a great help...
Good idea, I suggest you drop a quick email to Cristobal. That isn't something the coaches would normally think of.