Heyward named co-DC

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Heyward named co-DC

Post by greenyellow »

It looks like Cristobal has named safeties coach Keith Heyward as co-defensive coordinator. Likely won't affect much but I'm a bit surprised that Salave'a didn't get this title.
Duck24
Senior

Re: Heyward named co-DC

Post by Duck24 »

Doesn’t Joe already have a co/assistant head coach title?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Yes, Joe is Assoc head coach and it’s more of a move to get them money than a title.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Is this more of a DC in waiting type move ya think?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

greenyellow wrote:It looks like Cristobal has named safeties coach Keith Heyward as co-defensive coordinator. Likely won't affect much but I'm a bit surprised that Salave'a didn't get this title.
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Co ... 18137815_1

"Oregon safeties coach Keith Heyward and associate head coach/defensive line coach, Joe Salave'a have added a co-defensive coordinator with Jim Leavitt serving as the main defensive coordinator."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Arroyo also added assistant head coach to his titles.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Is this like an “I’m Negan” type thing we’re everyone is head coach or something?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I don't get all these titles either, for me it kinda makes the titles seem like "participation trophies". I wonder how much it helps pad the resume and/or if there is a pay raise involved.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

These are hardly 'participation trophy' titles. These matter in the world of college football. They also include pay raises.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lmduck wrote:These are hardly 'participation trophy' titles. These matter in the world of college football. They also include pay raises.
I would think the minimum requirement for a pay raise is to have at least one win under your belt as a staff. I would like to see a breakdown on how many head and co head coaches we have along with d coordinator and co D coordinators same with the offense. Just trying to put my head around it with this new staff.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

How long until the Military does this? PFC in waiting? Lmao.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I would like to thank Coach Cristobal and the University for my appointment as Assistant Associate Clackamas County Fan-base Co-Coordinator.

Go Ducks! :D :) :evil: "fire" :twisted: :!: :o 8-) :arrow: :geek: :ugeek: "One Hundred" :oops: :lol: :o ;) "random emoji"
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I’ll take “Assistant Director of bitching about how long it takes to get from Eugene to Portland after a game”. That has to be a low six figure job.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Alan wrote:I don't get all these titles either, for me it kinda makes the titles seem like "participation trophies". I wonder how much it helps pad the resume and/or if there is a pay raise involved.
Makes it a little harder for other schools to come in and poach your coaches. With the new titles, other schools will have to pay up. Helps a bit keeping the tire kickers away and gives the coaches bargaining power if another school comes calling. Basically, MC is taking care of his bros.