New Ducks uniforms?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: New Ducks uniforms?

Post by greenyellow »

upperV03 wrote:Interesting article from The Athletic on the Ducks’ new uniform set:
https://theathletic.com/534059/2018/09/ ... 18-season/

Some interesting insight there into the design process and inspiration behind the streamlined and simple look. The article also claims that they will indeed only be going with the monochrome combos this season, and that they’ll be going all-yellow again this Saturday against Stanford. There’s been speculation and rumors about that since the new uniforms were unveiled, so this just adds to that. Personally, I’ll believe that when I see it. It very well could be true, but they’re known for pulling out some surprises, so it wouldn’t shock me at all if they ended up doing some mixing and matching for a few games (and we already know they’ll at least have one more uniform this season, if not two).
If so, I kinda think they'll just switch out the helmets to add some variety to their looks.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Wish they could match the green Jersey to the yellow helmet and pants.
If they were to do any mixing and matching this season, that’s one of the few combos I could see them doing since it’s the classic Oregon combo, and since they wore it twice last season.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

greenyellow wrote:
upperV03 wrote:Interesting article from The Athletic on the Ducks’ new uniform set:
https://theathletic.com/534059/2018/09/ ... 18-season/

Some interesting insight there into the design process and inspiration behind the streamlined and simple look. The article also claims that they will indeed only be going with the monochrome combos this season, and that they’ll be going all-yellow again this Saturday against Stanford. There’s been speculation and rumors about that since the new uniforms were unveiled, so this just adds to that. Personally, I’ll believe that when I see it. It very well could be true, but they’re known for pulling out some surprises, so it wouldn’t shock me at all if they ended up doing some mixing and matching for a few games (and we already know they’ll at least have one more uniform this season, if not two).
If so, I kinda think they'll just switch out the helmets to add some variety to their looks.
Yeah, I could see that. They could easily go chrome/yellow/yellow or black/yellow/yellow to switch it up with the yellow set, and then yellow/green/green for the green set. And with the white set they could go black/white/white or even yellow/white/white.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I wish they'd do something with the wings. Black wings on black helmets? Can't see them. How about yellow wings on black helmets? Green wings on Yellow helmets. Yellow wings on Green helmets? Come on. Bring back wings you can see.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

nogerO wrote:I wish they'd do something with the wings. Black wings on black helmets? Can't see them. How about yellow wings on black helmets? Green wings on Yellow helmets. Yellow wings on Green helmets? Come on. Bring back wings you can see.
I get what you are saying but I thought those helmets were slick. The whole uniform looked awesome on tv to me. My kids LOVED them so you know future recruits were salivating over them.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

If you watch today’s Quack Minute, you can see several players (between 1/3 and 1/2 the team it looks like) wearing the yellow and green game cleats in practice earlier today. Generally the players don’t wear their game cleats during the week unless that’s what the team will be wearing on the weekend, so it seems like they’ll be wearing the yellow and green cleats this Saturday. Since it’s been reported that they’re wearing the all-yellow uniforms again, this could just mean they’re swapping out the grey and yellow cleats that they wore in the season opener for the yellow and green cleats that they wore when they went all-green, but I’m not so sure about that. The grey and yellow cleats go much better with the yellow uniforms than the yellow and green cleats since the uniforms are yellow with black accents (and silver wings on the helmets), so I think this might be a sign that they actually are switching things up this weekend. They could be going all-green again, but since the fans are supposed to wear yellow, I’m thinking it’s more likely that we could see one of these combos:
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

It's definitely going to be a Jordan brand uni for the UCLA game. Not sure on the color yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

For the first three games this season, the Ducks released their uniforms on social media on Thursday at 10am, but so far this morning they haven’t made any announcement about what they’re wearing this Saturday. That coupled with the fact that several players were wearing the yellow and green game cleats in practice yesterday really leads me to believe that they might be changing things up and not going all-yellow again like what’s been reported. As I said yesterday, I’m thinking they could go yellow/green/yellow or green/green/yellow (possibly even yellow/green/green) instead of repeating the all-yellow.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

According to John Brewer, Assistant AD of Marketing and Sales, the uniform reveal will be tomorrow, presumably in the morning.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

upperV03 wrote:According to John Brewer, Assistant AD of Marketing and Sales, the uniform reveal will be tomorrow, presumably in the morning.
Nice looking forward to it. Thanks for the info.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Gameday hasn't been thru since 2014??

Yikes.

I'd like to see the Bumblebee look against Stanford. Yellow top black pant
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

All green. Yellow/green cleats.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

After all the speculation, the Ducks are repeating the all-green combo for tomorrow’s game rather than repeating the all-yellow like what was reported:
IMO it’s a good decision to rep the school colors on the national stage, but I still would’ve liked to have seen them switch it up a bit more and go with yellow/green/yellow or something similar. Still, if they were going to repeat a combo from the first three weeks for tomorrow’s primetime ABC game against the Cardinal, I’m glad they’re repeating the all-green rather than the all-yellow.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ agreed. I'd prefer some mix and match of green and yellow but prefer the all green if those are only two options.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

All green looks good to me!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13