New Ducks uniforms?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: New Ducks uniforms?

Post by FlDuckFan »

I dig the green, it's my favorite color.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

Rumors on twitter (namely from @SwooshMcDuck) indicate that the Jordan alternate uni and the second black uni for the UCLA game are one and the same. That uniform will likely incorporate Jordan Brand’s famous elephant print, possibly even in the numbers. Supposedly there’s also the possibility of a throwback uniform for the UW game, though there seems to be less information about whether or not that’s actually in the cards or not.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

upperV03 wrote:Rumors on twitter (namely from @SwooshMcDuck) indicate that the Jordan alternate uni and the second black uni for the UCLA game are one and the same. That uniform will likely incorporate Jordan Brand’s famous elephant print, possibly even in the numbers. Supposedly there’s also the possibility of a throwback uniform for the UW game, though there seems to be less information about whether or not that’s actually in the cards or not.
Serious question, do you work in the Kitchen? If you do, you'll know what that means.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

TualatinDuck wrote:
upperV03 wrote:Rumors on twitter (namely from @SwooshMcDuck) indicate that the Jordan alternate uni and the second black uni for the UCLA game are one and the same. That uniform will likely incorporate Jordan Brand’s famous elephant print, possibly even in the numbers. Supposedly there’s also the possibility of a throwback uniform for the UW game, though there seems to be less information about whether or not that’s actually in the cards or not.
Serious question, do you work in the Kitchen? If you do, you'll know what that means.
Ha! Pretty sure I know what you mean by that, but no I do not. In the past I’ve been able to get some info from my own personal connections to people inside the program, but this year most of the info I’ve passed along has come from what I’ve seen on social media from people who have their own connections.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

upperV03 wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
Ha! Pretty sure I know what you mean by that, but no I do not. In the past I’ve been able to get some info from my own personal connections to people inside the program, but this year most of the info I’ve passed along has come from what I’ve seen on social media from people who have their own connections.
I worked on campus for a few years. Was in the room while Tinker had Belotti on a conference call talking about the uniforms. Good stuff.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

TualatinDuck wrote:
upperV03 wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
I worked on campus for a few years. Was in the room while Tinker had Belotti on a conference call talking about the uniforms. Good stuff.
That’s awesome!
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

Based on all of the rumors swirling around about the Jumpman unis for the UCLA game, here’s my early mockup of what it might end up looking like:
Basically the rumors I’ve seen have said it’ll be a black base with Jordan Brand’s signature elephant print (which usually appears on a grey background) likely incorporated somehow, possibly (or even likely) in the numbers. That’s really all of the information I’ve been able to gather, so that’s what’s reflected in the mockup. Personally I’d like to see some yellow accents incorporated somehow so at least one school color in present, and also because their past black uniforms have had a good mix of silver/grey and yellow accents and have all looked pretty sharp IMO.
Last edited by upperV03 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Those are kinda disappointing as I think a black set that actually included yellow and apple green would look much better.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

greenyellow wrote:Those are kinda disappointing as I think a black set that actually included yellow and apple green would look much better.
Agreed, or at least a black set that included yellow accents like what they’ve had in the past. Again, though, these are just early rumors, so it’s possible that yellow and/or green could be included in some capacity.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

upperV03 wrote:Based on all of the rumors swirling around about the Jumpman unis for the UCLA game, here’s my early mockup of what it might end up looking like:
Basically the rumors I’ve seen have said it’ll be a black base with Jordan Brand’s signature elephant print (which usually appears on a grey background) likely incorporated somehow, possibly (or even likely) in the numbers. That’s really all of the information I’ve been able to gather, so that’s what’s reflected in the mockup. Personally I’d like to see some yellow accents incorporated somehow so at least one school color in present, and also because their past black uniforms have had a good mix of silver/grey and yellow accents and have all looked pretty sharp IMO.
I love these, and I love your mock-ups. Do you have a twitter upperV03?
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
upperV03 wrote:Based on all of the rumors swirling around about the Jumpman unis for the UCLA game, here’s my early mockup of what it might end up looking like:
Nope, I don’t. Used to, but I got rid of it a couple years ago. I’m studying graphic design, and at some point I’ll probably make an account to showcase some of my work to try to get it out there more, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

upperV03 wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:
Nope, I don’t. Used to, but I got rid of it a couple years ago. I’m studying graphic design, and at some point I’ll probably make an account to showcase some of my work to try to get it out there more, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.
You would definitely get some love with those on twitter, they're the best uni mock-ups I've seen. Would you mind if I posted them on my twitter? www.twitter.com/goducksgraphics - and if it's okay how would you like me to say who they're by?
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
upperV03 wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:
You would definitely get some love with those on twitter, they're the best uni mock-ups I've seen. Would you mind if I posted them on my twitter? http://www.twitter.com/goducksgraphics - and if it's okay how would you like me to say who they're by?
Go right ahead, I wouldn’t mind at all. My name is Jonah Henderson, so you can just use that. You can use my username on here too because I use that same name a few other places as well. The mockup of the Jordan uniform is just based on some early rumors, so if you do post it you might wanna clarify that.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

upperV03 wrote: Go right ahead, I wouldn’t mind at all. My name is Jonah Henderson, so you can just use that. You can use my username on here too because I use that same name a few other places as well. The mockup of the Jordan uniform is just based on some early rumors, so if you do post it you might wanna clarify that.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
upperV03 wrote: Go right ahead, I wouldn’t mind at all. My name is Jonah Henderson, so you can just use that. You can use my username on here too because I use that same name a few other places as well. The mockup of the Jordan uniform is just based on some early rumors, so if you do post it you might wanna clarify that.
Nice, thanks for posting it!