Re: New Ducks uniforms?

Post by FlDuckFan »

These are beautiful
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I wish the numbers were bigger....at least we won't complain about not being able to read them like we did in 09 with the silver numbers.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Last but not least:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So they brought volt back? Meh. These almost feel like the minimalist stuff that was underway with Taggart and they had no way to stop what was in the works. They should have put something on the shoulders since the unis look naked with nothing on the shoulders and/or sleeves.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

The font on the numbers is already getting roasted in on twitter.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck24 wrote:The font on the numbers is already getting roasted in on twitter.
People used to mock the ducks having so many uniforms.... until EVERYONE in football copied us. Price to pay being in front.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

One thing I've noticed with Nike this season is that most of their football uniform redesigns have emphasized minimalist designs instead of the overdesign/gaudiness of past years. With these, a tad more design would have been better. I was really hoping for something closer to the Doernbecher uniforms from last season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Official press release from the university is out now. Basically says the design is a product of Cristobal wanting a clean, professional look that allows Oregon's game to do the talking. Not a fan of this thinking since it wasn't the flashy uniforms that got the program in trouble; it was poor coaching and recruiting.

https://goducks.com/news/2018/8/15/oreg ... l-2-0.aspx
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Darren Rovell posted pictures with what looks like a white helmet with green wings. Wonder if these were an early design that got discarded or ones that'll show up later on.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:Official press release from the university is out now. Basically says the design is a product of Cristobal wanting a clean, professional look that allows Oregon's game to do the talking. Not a fan of this thinking since it wasn't the flashy uniforms that got the program in trouble; it was poor coaching and recruiting.

I don’t mind it. The numbers aren’t my favorite but I’ll get over it. I figured the clean/minimalist look of the jersey was at the behest of Cristobal. I’m just glad it’s a lot to green, yellow and white. At the end of the day, if the current players and recruits buy in, it could be pink and I wouldn’t care.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

greenyellow wrote:Official press release from the university is out now. Basically says the design is a product of Cristobal wanting a clean, professional look that allows Oregon's game to do the talking. Not a fan of this thinking since it wasn't the flashy uniforms that got the program in trouble; it was poor coaching and recruiting.

Except it became beyond embarrassing having those flashy uniforms and getting our asses kicked every week. College football isn't the same as it was when we started the uni trend, being "flashy" in today's game would involve making uni's bordering on ridiculous. This keeps our tradition (if you want to call it that) of having a bunch of uni's but I care much more about just not sucking.

edit: except the numbers. the numbers are beyond being hideously big.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Another problem I'm seeing with these uniforms is that they don't seem like they have the ability to mix and match well due to the color choices being off. The black pants aren't easily mixed since they have the volt green O and swoosh that doesn't fit with any of the others. The green pants likely only matches up well with the white jersey since it's the only other jersey with the correct shade of green.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Wings are back.

Visors are AMAZING.

Numbers are a little too big, but that's my only small complaint.

Look great! Good job Nike. Go Ducks!
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

I, like most, am not a fan of the gigantic numbers. I think they got the rest right. I may be in the minority but I like the neon.

And we got the wings.

I think the apple green like the 2015 Rose Bowl are awesome especially with the wings added.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I like the minimal look although these are the best jerseys in my opinion.