Take a time out!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Take a time out!

Post by TualatinDuck »

So this last Sunday, I had a heart attack. I was 98% blocked on the LAD, which is the Widowmaker. I survived and have 0 to no detectable damage to my heart which makes me very lucky.

I'm only posting this to remind everyone to take time to ensure that you appreciate your loved ones. Had I not made the call when I did, I wouldn't be here right now. Have a great day everyone, GO DUCKS!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
brich75
Senior

Re: Take a time out!

Post by brich75 »

Great reminder, glad you ok! Hang in there get rested so you can cheer the ducks this season
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Glad to hear you're okay, especially after suffering it in the Widowmaker.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I'm really glad you are okay and still with us, and thank God for no lasting damage. Time to think about what really matters in life.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Praise God you are ok! And thanks for the reminder, always glad to have you on this forum!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Hey I'm feeling better than before the incident and am thankful to be here! Wasn't until a few of my friends broke down that I looked up the stats, I'm truly lucky to be alive, let alone able to live like it never happened! That's been sobering.

Love this board and my fellow duck fanatics!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

You truly are a very lucky man, I have dealt enough with friends and family and heart attacks to know how rare it is to suffer a heart attack and not have any damage or scaring to the heart. With your blockage do they plan on stints?
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Already did the stent, was done within 30 minutes of getting to the hospital or I wouldn't be talking right now.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Wow. Glad you're okay! I just had a friend who had a heart attack at 33 very scary .
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

TualatinDuck wrote:Hey I'm feeling better than before the incident and am thankful to be here! Wasn't until a few of my friends broke down that I looked up the stats, I'm truly lucky to be alive, let alone able to live like it never happened! That's been sobering.

Love this board and my fellow duck fanatics!
Couldn't be happier for you, TualatinDuck. The flock of fanatic Ducks soars higher with all of us!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

You are a lucky man! I know you will, and I need not say it........ take care of yourself...oops said it! Lol. Good for you, the plan for your life is not over......
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

Glad to hear you are doing well. I don't post often but have been an active reader for years and always glad to see your comments and insights. Please take care of yourself!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

This is always a good reminder. My dad died almost 5 yrs ago. He suffered a massive heart attack. The doctors said was warning signs but he ignored them because was afraid would not be as active. That ended up killing him. Take it from a son who lost their dad to a heart attack, would prefer he slow down and still be around than to ignore the signs.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:This is always a good reminder. My dad died almost 5 yrs ago. He suffered a massive heart attack. The doctors said was warning signs but he ignored them because was afraid would not be as active. That ended up killing him. Take it from a son who lost their dad to a heart attack, would prefer he slow down and still be around than to ignore the signs.
If I could give this a like, I would!
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Glad you're OK T-Duck....PTL! I too had a heart attack 4 years ago, Feb 23....it was also on a Sunday. I wasn't feeling too good that morning, so I, like you walked into the E/R ....and told the nurse how I was feeling, and what my symptoms were. I was whisked away to the O/R where they put 2 stents in my heart and I walked out of the hospital a day later. God is good! So.....T-Duck, I can definitely relate to what you went through. 2 years ago this coming October, I lost my younger sister to a heart attack, just 6 months past her 50th birthday. I shared my experience with all 5 of my siblings right after my heart attack so that they would be aware of what could happen to them. My sister had the same symptoms, same opportunities to get checked out (after 2 days of not feeling well)....but my sister was too stubborn to go in and get checked out. She left behind 6 beautiful children and 6 grandchildren. Her son, my nephew is a L/B at PSU. My family is STILL suffering from the loss....and we miss her dearly. Fellow Ducks....if you have ANY tell tale signs of a heart attack, don't risk it. Go IMMEDIATELY to a hospital. Save your family the heart ache and pain, don't be selfish....be vigilant and get checked out! Your family and Duck fanatic friends need YOU around for years to come!