Question

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Question

Post by duckfan96 »

I saw on twitter a bunch of pics from Saturday night of some dude “big boi”. Who is that? He famous or something? And no I’m not being sarcastic I have no idea who he is. Thanks for any replies
gogreen55
Senior

Re: Question

Post by gogreen55 »

Big Boi is a rapper. See link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boi

He is the father of Cross Patton. See link.

https://247sports.com/player/cross-patton-46051737
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

He's one half of the group Outkast, which even non-rap fans may have heard of. It's one of the most famous rap acts to ever come out of the South.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thanks, I had no idea who he was either. His son appears to be good enough to be invited to SNL but I see he has only picked up five offers from lower division schools. I'm not saying anything, it's just an observation........ Schooler's only offer was from Wyoming, Mariota only had two offers........ thank goodness! Lol
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Thanks for info. I know some older rAp groups but not so much the newer stuff. Im old I guess haha
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Never heard of him, completely irrelevant in my life, but if his kid can play football, then great, sign him up. I saw a headline that said that Damian Lillard believes himself to be the best rapper in the NBA. Cool. Now if he could only play defense, he would be the total package. :lol:
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:Never heard of him, completely irrelevant in my life, but if his kid can play football, then great, sign him up. I saw a headline that said that Damian Lillard believes himself to be the best rapper in the NBA. Cool. Now if he could only play defense, he would be the total package. :lol:
Same with me. I don't consider cRap music but then again I'm older than dirt.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Tray Dub wrote:He's one half of the group Outkast, which even non-rap fans may have heard of. It's one of the most famous rap acts to ever come out of the South.
semi-presumptuous conclusion.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Outkast is pretty amazing. For you old timers they won the Grammy for album of the year in 2004, and their music has really aged well. ATLiens came out in 1996 and it's still on my playlist. Big Boi is more or less the godfather of Southern rap//hip-hop and is universally considered one of the most important rappers of all time.

Big Boi showing up and cheesing it up with our recruits, players, and coaches is a major PR win.Gotta be awkward for his kid, a borderline D-1 kid who shows up at camps and everyone wants to take a pic with his dad instead.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Are y'all talking about Sir Lucious Left foot, son of Chico Dusty?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Outkast is pretty amazing. For you old timers they won the Grammy for album of the year in 2004, and their music has really aged well. ATLiens came out in 1996 and it's still on my playlist. Big Boi is more or less the godfather of Southern rap//hip-hop and is universally considered one of the most important rappers of all time.

Big Boi showing up and cheesing it up with our recruits, players, and coaches is a major PR win.Gotta be awkward for his kid, a borderline D-1 kid who shows up at camps and everyone wants to take a pic with his dad instead.
This is a good description. Outkast is made up of 2 members(Andre 3000 and Big Boi) and they are both talented guys. Their music isn't "gangster" rap" , much more a laid back southern rap which at times includes musical instruments and touches on political issues(two of their big hits are "Rosa Parks" and "Bombs over Bahgdad", although their most famous song is probably Miss Jackson(I'm sorry Miss Jackson..oooh..I am for reaaaal).
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

I'm pretty surprised, outkast is one of the most famous musical acts of the past 20 years