"UWDP" says Ducks will go 4-5 in conf.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

"UWDP" says Ducks will go 4-5 in conf.

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2018/7/28/1 ... me-by-game

One of the writers at this Husky Board has predicted the outcomes of all of the Pac-12 conference games this season. The finished product finds the Ducks finishing 4-5.
1. UW and Stanford are better
2.Arizona with Tate can outscore them on offense
3. Utah is more than capable of winning both sides of the LOS and keeping them off the scoreboard.
As for the fifth loss, call it the attrition of the PAC. Almost every team loses to at least one team they shouldn’t every season.

The "fifth loss" for the Ducks is @ Washington State
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: "UWDP" says Ducks will go 4-5 in conf.

Post by karlhungis »

1. Agreed, though I'm not sold on Stanford. I think we could do okay.
2. Disagree. Leavitt knows how to stop Tate and out defense will be better than last year.
3. Utah? I doubt it.
4. WSU in Pullman always sucks but they lost so many players and coaches, we have no business losing that game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

The bigger question is who cares what uwdp says? Was there really any expectation they would be unbiased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Well they hit my worst case scenario on the head (except I have UCLA as my 5th loss not WSU).
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Well they hit my worst case scenario on the head (except I have UCLA as my 5th loss not WSU).
watched the ucla spring game...horrible...its a home game Oregon should win easy.

Wsu is usually tough at home but they lost a lot..but at Martin stadium who knows..

Arizona will be jacked as will Utah. the Pac-12 is so unpredictable
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

duckfan22 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Well they hit my worst case scenario on the head (except I have UCLA as my 5th loss not WSU).
watched the ucla spring game...horrible...its a home game Oregon should win easy.

Wsu is usually tough at home but they lost a lot..but at Martin stadium who knows..

Well I think Oregon will beat them both, but you need a worse case to go with a best case. Arizona and UCLA are in my worse case because of who their new coaches are.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:

Well I think Oregon will beat them both, but you need a worse case to go with a best case. Arizona and UCLA are in my worse case because of who their new coaches are.
ok i get ya...i try not to use worst case cus sometimes it actually happens so i just go positive.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:

Sumlin could make a difference with Tate. Last season, all of a sudden Tate was the starter and started running like crazy, and RichRod stood on the sidelines and smiled...until Leavit and the Ducks figured it out. Sumlin might actually add some substance to Arizona's offense.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Merganzer wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:

Sumlin could make a difference with Tate. Last season, all of a sudden Tate was the starter and started running like crazy, and RichRod stood on the sidelines and smiled...until Leavit and the Ducks figured it out. Sumlin might actually add some substance to Arizona's offense.
Sumlin's resume before and at A&M was stellar when he didn't have too much talent at QB. Does that sound weird? When he had a go to QB instead of bouncing around within a pack of 5 stars he was pretty damn good.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:

Sumlin's resume before and at A&M was stellar when he didn't have too much talent at QB. Does that sound weird? When he had a go to QB instead of bouncing around within a pack of 5 stars he was pretty damn good.
I think AZ. improved with the Coaching change, Kelly>Mora, Smith> had to get somebody cuz the guy before just quit, Graham= Edwards. I just can't see Herm as being an upgrade.
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

Well, as the Chipster would say - this is why they don't hand out trophies in August.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

1. UW and Stanford are better
( Yeah , looks like it we'll see )

2.Arizona with Tate can outscore them on offense
( Arizona can be good , Sumlin isn't a bad coach and it'll be interesting to see what he can do with Tate)

3. Utah is more than capable of winning both sides of the LOS and keeping them off the scoreboard.
( Potentially , we haven't seen the progress the players have made on the field yet. I think Utah is a winnable game though. )

4.As for the fifth loss, call it the attrition of the PAC. Almost every team loses to at least one team they shouldn’t every season.
( Wazzu is never an easy game for the Ducks , especially when it's assumed that Oregon should come out on top. Leach will test the secondary)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It’s not crazy. Could very well happen. But I’d like to think this is closer to the worst case scenario for the Ducks.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

We've been 2-7 and 4-5 the last 2 seasons. Pretty easy for an outsider to be lazy and say 4-5, especially a rival fan.

Yes, we should be 7,2; 6-3; 5-4 at WORST in conference this year...but..
Gotta prove it on the field. Mario has to prove he can coach.