Big Bruiser

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Big Bruiser

Post by Everythingsducky »

buckmarkduck wrote:Guys, if this stuff worked EVERYONE would do it. This is big boy football, and this kind of stuff has just as high probability of a fumble or injury as it does in resulting in a short distance TD.
But you could even use him as a decoy. If the Ducks have been stuffed a couple of tries at the goal line, trot him out, let the defense use a timeout once they see it, throw a slant or a flood to the TE. Doesn’t necessarily even have to carry the ball.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Trotting a defensive lineman out on offense when you're thin at the dline position is a dumb move. Why take the risk? It's easier to bring out another lineman go unbalanced and create an extra gap.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Thanks friends. I only brought this up because I remembered Colt Lyera and I think that as a TE he would be quite effective as a full back here. ie. ideally we could get an athlete in his mold here.

I must say he was a freak athlete though. It was unfortunate he couldn't get it together.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

ducks5ever wrote:Thanks friends. I only brought this up because I remembered Colt Lyera and I think that as a TE he would be quite effective as a full back here. ie. ideally we could get an athlete in his mold here.

I must say he was a freak athlete though. It was unfortunate he couldn't get it together.
I also really liked colt coming out of the backfield and also thought he was very effective. But the one play that left a bad taste in my mouth was the play around the goal line with Bennet at QB, neigh Colt or Bennet wanted to give up the ball on an attempt at pulling the ball out on a handoff. They appeared to fight over the ball while going into the end zone...... just came off as selfish by both players.

Now fat Mac is built so low and such an athlete I would love to see him crash the goal line with the ball behind all that beef up front! Lol
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

jimmy12 wrote:cyrus habibi-likio
Was gonna say. Plus Jayvaughn Wilson in this class if he plays RB.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13