Ducks Attack Message Board Forum
http://ducksattack.com/forum/

San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 Net)
http://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31331
Page 3 of 17

Author:  upperV03 [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

As expected, the Ducks are going all-black on Saturday:
Image

Author:  Duck24 [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Taking my four year old son to his first game this weekend. Hopefully the Ducks give us a show.

Author:  duckfan22 [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Duck24 wrote:
Taking my four year old son to his first game this weekend. Hopefully the Ducks give us a show.


nice way to start him early. always a good time when father and son get to go to a game

Author:  UOducksTK1 [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Duck24 wrote:
Taking my four year old son to his first game this weekend. Hopefully the Ducks give us a show.


Nice! I remember my first game 15 years ago. It was a fun time.

Author:  UOducksTK1 [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Gotta be honest, these 3 weak home games to start the season is really lame. Hopefully we don't have to do something like this again.

Author:  GrantDuck [ Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Duck07 wrote:
Quote:
"We practice the scramble drill, so when it happened we all knew we were supposed to plaster to our receivers," sophomore safety Nick Pickett said. "It was a mental breakdown, but we're back on top of things. … For the most part we locked him up pretty well. This week, we just gotta do the same thing."

So does anyone know if college is like the NFL in this regard and when the QB leaves the tackle box the WRs can be hit? I feel like I've seen way too much DPI on us in the past for this to be the case.


So my understanding is there's no holding after the pocket is broken, but DPI is still on the table once the ball is in the air.

Author:  Duck07 [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

GrantDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Quote:
"We practice the scramble drill, so when it happened we all knew we were supposed to plaster to our receivers," sophomore safety Nick Pickett said. "It was a mental breakdown, but we're back on top of things. … For the most part we locked him up pretty well. This week, we just gotta do the same thing."

So does anyone know if college is like the NFL in this regard and when the QB leaves the tackle box the WRs can be hit? I feel like I've seen way too much DPI on us in the past for this to be the case.


So my understanding is there's no holding after the pocket is broken, but DPI is still on the table once the ball is in the air.

Thank You

Author:  GoDucksTroll [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Gotta be honest, these 3 weak home games to start the season is really lame. Hopefully we don't have to do something like this again.


It's definitely lame from a fan perspective. We're not even going to this one, instead bringing a handful of friends down for Stanford. I don't mind going to a PSU/Southern Utah whatever game for a season opener because we can get a bunch of cheap tix for our friends and have a fun day with a group in Eugene, but I don't think it's too much to ask to see a P-5 team every year.

It's kind of nice the Cristobal era gets some tune-ups to start with, but I also have to wonder if they'll be shell shocked when they hit the field against Stanford and see such a huge increase in opponent talent and coaching.

Author:  StevensTechU [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Definitely lame, and definitely doesn't battle test the players (and coaches) ahead of Stanford. But eh, GameDay coming to Eugene because we're 3-0? I'll take it.

Author:  chapelhillduck [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Gotta be honest, these 3 weak home games to start the season is really lame. Hopefully we don't have to do something like this again.


I know everyone knows this, but just to say it again.... This schedule was all Texas A&Ms fault and BG was a quality MAC team a couple years ago


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  Quietduck [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Just a note: The schedule has nothing to do with how good we may be it just delays how long before we know. We could be Pac 12 champ level or Basement level. Do you think anyone will be talking about our cupcake games if we go to the play off and win, or even if we lose every other game?

Author:  Merganzer [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Quietduck wrote:
Just a note: The schedule has nothing to do with how good we may be it just delays how long before we know. We could be Pac 12 champ level or Basement level. Do you think anyone will be talking about our cupcake games if we go to the play off and win, or even if we lose every other game?


I agree with your first sentence. But, if the Ducks are in contention for the playoffs the "cupcake games" will definitely be talked about, and it won't matter that it wasn't Oregon's fault; or the cupcake games were the only games Oregon was good enough to win.

Author:  Tray Dub [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

Merganzer wrote:
Quietduck wrote:
Just a note: The schedule has nothing to do with how good we may be it just delays how long before we know. We could be Pac 12 champ level or Basement level. Do you think anyone will be talking about our cupcake games if we go to the play off and win, or even if we lose every other game?


I agree with your first sentence. But, if the Ducks are in contention for the playoffs the "cupcake games" will definitely be talked about, and it won't matter that it wasn't Oregon's fault; or the cupcake games were the only games Oregon was good enough to win.


I also don't really agree with the first sentence, honestly. We haven't been tested yet, and I'm a believer in competition's ability to spur improvement. No, it's not an insurmountable setback, but I do consider it a missed opportunity.

Author:  Everythingsducky [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

A little game info from the SJS side: http://www.sjsuspartans.com/sports/m-fo ... 18aac.html

Author:  GoDucksIn09 [ Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: San Jose State @ #20 Oregon (Sept. 15, Sat 2 PM Pac-12 N

With the non conference game schedule we have to go undefeated to even be considered for the playoffs. That will not happen. Is ridiculous to even think we will be in conversation if go 11-1. Too many other 1 loss schools be better candidates and lot of 2 loss teams be better. One can point the finger at Texas A&M but why schedule only one competent team each non conference this is what happens if that one bails. Poor planning on the AD part.

Page 3 of 17 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/