#7 Washington @ #17 Oregon (Oct. 13, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Re: #7 Washington @ #17 Oregon (Oct. 13, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by brich75 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I've looked at various UW sites to see what they were saying about this game and all of them have the same theme; Oregon had a bye and UW had to play Oregon on the road after their bye. Apparently it was blatantly unfair to schedule it that way.

I'm sorry but every team has a bye game so it's going to happen at some point. Also of note, Oregon plays at Wazzu with the Cougs coming off of their bye week and Oregon is one of 2 Pac-12 teams that has to play 2 conference foes after their bye week.

I've never really complained or seen a fanbase complain so much about bye weeks.

Ya I remeber hearing the same reasoning why cal was going to beat us that I’m hearing for WSU to beat us. By the way wasn’t cal ranked when we beat them? If we had beat Stanford (which we should have) we would have beat 3 ranked opponents going into this game. 2 inside the top 10. I think Oregon is legit and WSU is going to find that out pretty quick
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Cal is absolutely terrible, so it doesn't really matter where they were ranked when the Ducks beat them in terms of gauging how good the Ducks are. If anything, the Ducks relatively poor defensive performance in that game is cause for concern.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gogreen55 wrote:Cal is absolutely terrible, so it doesn't really matter where they were ranked when the Ducks beat them in terms of gauging how good the Ducks are. If anything, the Ducks relatively poor defensive performance in that game is cause for concern.
Was gonna say, Cal is no where near Wazzu. Minshew is one of the better QBs in the nation.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

UofDuck wrote:I love that they are heavily laden with Seniors this year too. Their upcoming rebuild years should help us hold them down for a few while we reestablish dominance in the Northwest!
On paper they have tremendous QB depth. If Herbie leaves they’ll have an edge there next year, at least in theory.