#7 Washington @ #17 Oregon (Oct. 13, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: #7 Washington @ #17 Oregon (Oct. 13, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Missed out on what appears to be an awesome game thread, and I usually go back and read them, but this one is too long haha.

All I will say is beautiful win. Great game by two solid opponents. A real grinder game. Oregon was playing more like Washington than Washington haha. Great OL play, great defense.

Impressive win!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Merganzer wrote:Image
Pretty sure he needed a lot of orange slices after that game.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

DmoneyDuck wrote:
Greenblood wrote:For me, this game was like the inverse of the Stanford game. There was a game we should have won, but found a way to lose. We probably "should have" lost yesterday's game, but won it. Seems like we're taking baby steps in re-establishing the program back to elite status, but I'm ok with it.
I know most will only remember UW's kicker missing the GW FG but let's not forget our kicker missed a chip shot in the second half as well.
And we could have tried a 53yrd in the 4th also, but MC knew that wasn't an option and punted it. If we had a kicker, we would have been up by 6 at that point.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Not only did the ducks miss that easy field goal, but uw needed all kinds of luck on their touchdown drives.

Peterson called several Boise State style trick plays, which all worked

And Browning heaved up a few lame duck passes that were somehow caught for massive gains

I bet 50% of their total yardage came on trick plays/lucky plays

UW was lucky all game until the very end
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I love that they are heavily laden with Seniors this year too. Their upcoming rebuild years should help us hold them down for a few while we reestablish dominance in the Northwest!
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Is there anywhere online that I can watch this full game? I haven't been able to find a site since the good old noonkick went down. And I was half way around the world attending a wedding and a 15hours time difference while this epic game was played.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Apelu defensive baller of the week? Honestly thought he was one of our weak spots that game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Apelu defensive baller of the week? Honestly thought he was one of our weak spots that game.

UW isolated him on the TE a few times, gaining big yards each time. He's a great story, but he's a huge liability out there. Leach is going to eat him up if we leave him 1 on 1 with the TE or RB in the flat.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Apelu played a really good game. He got beat 2 times on passes where was was all over the tight end and he did everything you can hope for. Sometimes the offense just makes a play.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

StevensTechU wrote:Apelu played a really good game. He got beat 2 times on passes where was was all over the tight end and he did everything you can hope for. Sometimes the offense just makes a play.
He also got pushed off on one of them, should have been OPI
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

alxtw wrote:Is there anywhere online that I can watch this full game? I haven't been able to find a site since the good old noonkick went down. And I was half way around the world attending a wedding and a 15hours time difference while this epic game was played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrVWbd3Y7Uc
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

dphi wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Apelu played a really good game. He got beat 2 times on passes where was was all over the tight end and he did everything you can hope for. Sometimes the offense just makes a play.
There were so many no calls this game in W favor it was crazy! Our D got held so many time breakin through to browning it was assured no calls
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Lots of holding from their OL
brich75 wrote:
dphi wrote:
There were so many no calls this game in W favor it was crazy! Our D got held so many time breakin through to browning it was assured no calls
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I've looked at various UW sites to see what they were saying about this game and all of them have the same theme; Oregon had a bye and UW had to play Oregon on the road after their bye. Apparently it was blatantly unfair to schedule it that way.

I'm sorry but every team has a bye game so it's going to happen at some point. Also of note, Oregon plays at Wazzu with the Cougs coming off of their bye week and Oregon is one of 2 Pac-12 teams that has to play 2 conference foes after their bye week.

I've never really complained or seen a fanbase complain so much about bye weeks.