Throwbacks for UW?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Throwbacks for UW?

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

Anyone else hearing rumors of new Throwback Unis for the UW game?
greenyellow

Re: Throwbacks for UW?

Post by greenyellow »

Where did you see/hear this? I read a few sites/Twitter users who tend to have inside reads on uniforms and haven't seen this talked about yet.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Just no throwbacks to the webfoot days. Those were nasty.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

1920's

1970's

1990's

upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

greenyellow wrote:Where did you see/hear this? I read a few sites/Twitter users who tend to have inside reads on uniforms and haven't seen this talked about yet.
There have been a few people on Twitter (like @SwooshMcDuck) who’ve mentioned these rumors, but I haven’t seen or heard anything concrete. Personally I’m not really expecting these rumors to come to fruition, at least not for this season. I would think there would be some more definitive info like there has been about the Jordan Brand alternate uniform for the UCLA game. If they do have throwbacks in the works, I think it’s more likely that they’re for next season. They wore throwbacks in 2009 against Cal, and against UW in 2014, so 2019 would continue the pattern of wearing throwbacks every five years (I’m not counting the Webfoots throwbacks in there since they were originally worn in the spring game). Plus, next season will mark the 20th anniversary of the Nike rebranding and introduction of the ‘O’ logo, so it’d make sense to wait so they can wear these as a throwback:
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

90's please!!! I know they've been done but still my favs
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Same units as the pick game
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

They need to "throw" OUT the Webfoot uni's & helmets all together. Those were SO cartoonish and embarrassing!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

In ways it is to bad Oregon does not play them at Autzen next year to celebrate 25th anniversary of the pick. Hard to believe it has been that long. I still kick myself for not going to Autzen that game. I was invited but figured Oregon would lose and did not want to hear their fans. I was a fan but it was not til couple years later that started getting season tickets.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

polyduck wrote:They need to "throw" OUT the Webfoot uni's & helmets all together. Those were SO cartoonish and embarrassing!
This. Anything in 90s or early 00s would be fun.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

Here’s a mockup of what the Harrington-era uniforms might look like on Nike’s current template:
Whenever they do wear throwbacks again, I’d really like to see these make a comeback. They’ve already worn both the early-mid 90’s throwbacks and the late 90’s throwbacks in the last decade, so this seems like the natural pick for the next time they do decide to throw it back. That said, I could still see them waiting until next season to trot these out since next year will be the 20th anniversary of this set first debuting.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Oh man those Joey era throwbacks would be so sick!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Always hated this yellow lines honestly. Loved the away unis though, but thought the homes would have looked way better in just green.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Always hated this yellow lines honestly. Loved the away unis though, but thought the homes should have been way better in just green.
The white away jerseys are still one of my all time favorites but you're right that the greens were just missing a bit.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

Here’s the mockup of what the white version could look like on Nike’s current template: