Chris Miller on BFT yesterday

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Chris Miller on BFT yesterday

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:I hope he bolts, to much to lose. Anyone remember Ifo?
Anyone remember when Joey came back as a Sr and got hurt? Me neither. We've had 1 guy in the last 20 years who was a serious NFL prospect get hurt, and everyone uses him as an example. Like Michael Clark Duncan once said, "dont you put that evil on me." Besides who wants to see Herbert get all screwed up playing for Gruden. The guy is a QB killer.

BTW Jason La Confora says that he's hearing Herbert is coming back. Here's and article from CBS saying the same.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/oreg ... -candidate
Just to be a Contrarian, but isn't the precisely what his character did in The Green Mile, was take that evil? lol
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

My only concerns about him coming back are the risk of injury and our schedule. Our schedule is pretty friendly for 6 of the first 8 games, with tests coming when we play Auburn at "Jerry World", as well as Colorado and WSU. The end of the year is brutal, though!!! Four straight road games, at ASU, at Stanford, at USC and at UW.

In addition, "if" we managed to make it through those games unscathed, then we'd have to face the Pac-12 South Champion in order to make the playoffs.

The bad part of the schedule is the possibility of losing in the last couple weeks of the season. That would hurt us in the polls and make it harder to get into the playoffs, especially if there are other teams on the fence.

Another concern is injuries. I don't know when we'll have a bye week but injuries do pile up as the season progresses.

At the same time, if Herbert does leave, who'll take over next year? I'd be shocked if it were Burmeister. Will Tyler Shough be ready to go as a redshirt freshman? Could the Ducks sway Jalen Hurts (Alabama) or Kelly Bryant (Clemson) to Oregon for their senior seasons?

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UW loses 15 guys, I don't think that game is as hard as people think next year. ASU loses their QB and first round WR, again that's a win. SC will be a fight and Stanford I just don't think they will have the athletes to hang with UO.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

buckmarkduck wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:I hope he bolts, to much to lose. Anyone remember Ifo?
Anyone remember when Joey came back as a Sr and got hurt? Me neither. We've had 1 guy in the last 20 years who was a serious NFL prospect get hurt, and everyone uses him as an example. Like Michael Clark Duncan once said, "dont you put that evil on me." Besides who wants to see Herbert get all screwed up playing for Gruden. The guy is a QB killer.

BTW Jason La Confora says that he's hearing Herbert is coming back. Here's and article from CBS saying the same.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/oreg ... -candidate
And I would love to believe that it's significant that Rob Moseley, one of the official voices for the Athletic Department, apparently had no problem retweeting the La Confora piece.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

He's focused on the season right now. Once the season is over and he has time to think about it and see his official draft report card it will be much different. Anything said today from a coach, player or family member may very well be 100% true - today. Money talks, BS walks and there is no telling what may happen in the following draft because there isn't a current CBA signed through that date just yet and there won't be when he has to make that decision.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Greenblood wrote:And I would love to believe that it's significant that Rob Moseley, one of the official voices for the Athletic Department, apparently had no problem retweeting the La Confora piece.
Well he did use a source within the program and with Rob as one of those official voices he could very likely be the person he talked to.