Fuskies

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Fuskies

Post by StevensTechU »

Frankly, I didn't hate the huskies until I moved to Seattle after college. I was in school 2007-2011, and we beat uw like a rag doll, so I had no reason for animosity then. After college, however, I worked in downtown Seattle, and experienced just how stiflingly stupid their fanbase is. There was the outright animosity (people yelling from cars as I walked down a peaceful street in Queen Anne while wearing a ducks shirt, fat guy pushing me while I was taking a piss in a urinal while wearing a ducks shirt in Fremont), but what actually annoyed me more was how pompous their fans and grads are. When I later moved to NYC, I found out Michigan has this in common with uw. Their fans & grads think their school is Harvard, which blows my mind. When I was at that first job in Seattle, my boss (uw grad) spent an entire lunch trying to tell me washington is a better school than Stanford. At a UofO/uw away game, we regularly heard chants of "You're gonna work for us someday!" (Irony, I had weight in my firm's hiring decisions, and you can guess who was graded on a curve..) Another time I had a higher-up at my firm who said UofO grads either end up in fast food or as air stewardesses. That's the kind of s*** that makes me not dislike uw, but outright hate them.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Nate Robinson
Ryan Applebitch
Rick neuheisel
Marcus tuiasasopo
Budda Baker
Don James
Jake Browning
Softy
Huard(s)
John Ross
Jake “Purple Geez” Locker
Reggie Williams
My sister for going to grad school there
My idiot coworker who says “Woof” Monday mornings after a UW win when he walks by my office

Yeah...I think hate is a sufficient word.
Fixed that for you.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Their fight song is "Bow down to Washington", it's pompous arrogance from the top down.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:Frankly, I didn't hate the huskies until I moved to Seattle after college. I was in school 2007-2011, and we beat uw like a rag doll, so I had no reason for animosity then. After college, however, I worked in downtown Seattle, and experienced just how stiflingly stupid their fanbase is. There was the outright animosity (people yelling from cars as I walked down a peaceful street in Queen Anne while wearing a ducks shirt, fat guy pushing me while I was taking a piss in a urinal while wearing a ducks shirt in Fremont), but what actually annoyed me more was how pompous their fans and grads are. When I later moved to NYC, I found out Michigan has this in common with uw. Their fans & grads think their school is Harvard, which blows my mind. When I was at that first job in Seattle, my boss (uw grad) spent an entire lunch trying to tell me washington is a better school than Stanford. At a UofO/uw away game, we regularly heard chants of "You're gonna work for us someday!" (Irony, I had weight in my firm's hiring decisions, and you can guess who was graded on a curve..) Another time I had a higher-up at my firm who said UofO grads either end up in fast food or as air stewardesses. That's the kind of s*** that makes me not dislike uw, but outright hate them.
I've definitely experienced the "yelled at by a Husky fan who didn't invest in dentistry" scenario more than once. During year 11 of the Duckade I remember having a fat guy yelling at my friend wearing a Duck t-shirt in downtown Seattle. We laughed so hard. Their fan base is so weird, so many of them stick their chest out over Washington's academic superiority despite themselves having gone to South Puget Community College.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Ted bunny was a husky.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duckfan96 wrote:Ted bundy was a husky.
Fixed that for ya. :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Greenblood wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Nate Robinson
Ryan Appleyby
Rick neuheisel
Marcus tuiasasopo
Budda Baker
Don James
Jake Browning
Softy
Huard(s)
John Ross

Yeah...I think hate is a sufficient word.
Don't forget Reggie Rogers, whom I believe was responsible for the Chris Miller injury in the 1984 game in Seattle that I witnessed. Ended up a convicted felon, one of the biggest NFL draft busts, and finally died of cocaine and alcohol intoxication. A pretty sad life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Rogers
Yep that's the a$$hat I was thinking of.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Damn iPhone auto correct. Haha. So I actually looked up ted bundy to make sure he was a husky...he was also a Ute
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

They turned this four-part Seattle Times expose into a book called Scoreboard, Baby. Great read.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

I do. Felt that way for a week. I think we pound them
brich75 wrote:Anyone else feel like we are going to win going away. Usually I feel like we are going to choke but this week to me feels like Ducks arecgping to crush the dogs!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Duckenstein wrote:I do. Felt that way for a week. I think we pound them
brich75 wrote:Anyone else feel like we are going to win going away. Usually I feel like we are going to choke but this week to me feels like Ducks arecgping to crush the dogs!
Probably going to regret saying this, I feel like the bumbass team up north is vulnerable. Blood in the water.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Wine and cheese and yachts for their tailgates. Snobbery on steroids. “Muffy, please pass me the Brie”
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

Speaking of the usual Ted Bundy jokes, the best thing I saw on Twitter last Saturday was a response from a random non-Duck College Football Fan during a thread on our hatred for the purple-and-gold-clad-leg-humping-upcountry-degens from Seattle:

Duck fan: "Ted Bundy was a Husky"

Random college fan: "Whoa! What did Ted Bundy ever do to you?!?"

We were watching some games and I spit my cocktail all over the couch. This Friday and Saturday I will proudly be rocking my "Even Geez Hates The Huskies" T-shirt for 48 hours.