Oregon moves up in Week 8 polls

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon moves up in Week 8 polls

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is now up to #11 in the coaches poll while UW is now at #14. WSU is at #23. I imagine the AP Poll (which is release at 11 AM PST) will have Oregon in a similar position.

Week 8 Coaches Poll
1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
4) Notre Dame
5) LSU
6) Georgia
7) Michigan
8) Texas
9) UCF
10) Oklahoma
11) Oregon
12) Florida
13) West Virginia
14) Washington
15) N.C. State
16) Penn State
17) Kentucky
18) Texas A&M
19) Wisconsin
20) USF
21) Cincinnati
22) Iowa
23) Washington State
24) Stanford
25) Colorado
Duckenstein
Freshman

Re: Oregon moves up in Week 8 polls

Post by Duckenstein »

Too bad we didn't beat stanford, but then again, the growth coming from that loss might be exactly what they needed to win against the Dawgs

Wsu scares the heck out of me

If we can win, that's victory over three ranked teams in three weeks
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duckenstein wrote:Too bad we didn't beat stanford, but then again, the growth coming from that loss might be exactly what they needed to win against the Dawgs
My thought exactly, I would love to see the Ducks crack the top 10! What a great game/win yesterday! Reminds me of the days of The come back kids with Joey and the boys. A 50 point blowout is nice, but yesterday's game held my attention! Toe to toe every step of the way, as is being said........."Instant classic!"
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Also

In another couple weeks, if we keep winning, no one will remember the easy cupcakes schedule because they'll say the Stanford loss was almost a win
Alan wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:Too bad we didn't beat stanford, but then again, the growth coming from that loss might be exactly what they needed to win against the Dawgs
My thought exactly, I would love to see the Ducks crack the top 10! What a great game/win yesterday! Reminds me of the days of The come back kids with Joey and the boys. A 50 point blowout is nice, but yesterday's game held my attention! Toe to toe every step of the way, as is being said........."Instant classic!"
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

10-25 would all beat UCF by double digits.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

#12 in the AP poll.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duckenstein wrote:Also

In another couple weeks, if we keep winning, no one will remember the easy cupcakes schedule because they'll say the Stanford loss was almost a win
Alan wrote:
I wish, but I don't think so. That nonconference schedule is going to be brought up against us all year if we win out and are pushing for a playoff spot. It could easily be the justification to leave us out.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:Also

Alan wrote:
I wish, but I don't think so. That nonconference schedule is going to be brought up against us all year if we win out and are pushing for a playoff spot. It could easily be the justification to leave us out.
Even at 12-1, unless there is absolute chaos in the SEC and ACC, Oregon is left out.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Even though it wasn’t Oregon’s doing, having the weakest non co fernece schedule in fbs isn’t good.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Tray Dub wrote: I wish, but I don't think so. That nonconference schedule is going to be brought up against us all year if we win out and are pushing for a playoff spot. It could easily be the justification to leave us out.
If only Bama's non-con schedule would get equal scrutiny.
buckmarkduck wrote:10-25 would all beat UCF by double digits.
They're undefeated and none of the top P5 schools are dumb enough to schedule them in non-con games so they'll never have a good SOS, they either have to be ranked or G5 schools should just be left out of the rankings altogether.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

dphi wrote:
Tray Dub wrote: I wish, but I don't think so. That nonconference schedule is going to be brought up against us all year if we win out and are pushing for a playoff spot. It could easily be the justification to leave us out.
If only Bama's non-con schedule would get equal scrutiny.
buckmarkduck wrote:10-25 would all beat UCF by double digits.
They're undefeated and none of the top P5 schools are dumb enough to schedule them in non-con games so they'll never have a good SOS, they either have to be ranked or G5 schools should just be left out of the rankings altogether.

You might be right, but having watched a lot of their games, they are not a top 20 team. I really wish we could have scheduled them in the OOC.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wsu scares the heck out of me

If we can win, that's victory over three ranked teams in three weeks
Wazzu is gonna be are hardest game yet IMO. The resale ticket prices on stubhub now are literally the most insane prices I've ever seen. Pullman is hyped, game day is there, Oregon is legit, they are legit, this is gonna be a grinder.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13