#12 Oregon @ #25 WSU (Oct. 20, Sat 4:30 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Re: #12 Oregon @ #25 WSU (Oct. 20, Sat 4:30 PM FOX)

Post by brich75 »

They just beat ac1 loss team not even in the top 10 and Re rushing the field lol
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

You cant come out flat and give up 27 points while scoring 0 and expect to win. This is on the players and the coaches. They deserved to lose and they did. They even had a chance at the end but have to get off the field on 3rd and 4th down. Oregon wouldn't do that so they got what deserved.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:
AshlandDuck wrote:Only 270 yards on 44 passing attempts. Combine that with a pitiful ground game and I'm pretty much wishing Helfrich was running this offense.
Lol come on man.
Against UW in 2016 UO ran for 230 yards with 5.3 yards per rush. Yeah, they let put UW put up 70 but Oregon's problem wasn't ever the offense under Helfrich. I don't think this offense is very good by comparison.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

It was a terrible effort and the coaches didn't have players prepared

Hopefully the grow from it

Wsu was fired up and leach had all his dirty tricks going

The referreeing was atrocious
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon still isn't talented enough at the skill positions to really stress many defenses. It'll be another year or two before that happens.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon still isn't talented enough at the skill positions to really stress many defenses. It'll be another year or two before that happens.
Just in time for Herbert to graduate.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The issue we had was largely mental I felt. We couldn't handle the pressure of that crowd, which isn't even that hostile. We didn't embrace it, which is what Stanford does when they play us in Autzen. They thrive on hearing Autzen quiet. The finish can largely be summed up by the WR snatching the victory away from our DB on that play falling to the ground.

Congrats WSU, you took it. Now go watch mayhem occur and the poodles give us the North by winning the Apple Cup.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Phalanx wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Oregon still isn't talented enough at the skill positions to really stress many defenses. It'll be another year or two before that happens.
Just in time for Herbert to graduate.
Maybe we get him back now since he still could want more. Wishful thinking :lol:
Return Of the Quack!
bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

You're not wrong, but in another year or two those players will move on. Not to be negative but I heard comments like that when Tennessee had Butch Jones, brick-by-brick they didn't do crap. Recruiting will help, past their sophomore year they should somewhat master those positions. Wazzu had our number today.
Last edited by bigbenp on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Looking for a silver lining. At least the coaching staff can make halftime adjustments.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

AshlandDuck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
AshlandDuck wrote:Only 270 yards on 44 passing attempts. Combine that with a pitiful ground game and I'm pretty much wishing Helfrich was running this offense.
Lol come on man.
Against UW in 2016 UO ran for 230 yards with 5.3 yards per rush. Yeah, they let put UW put up 70 but Oregon's problem wasn't ever the offense under Helfrich. I don't think this offense is very good by comparison.
It's their first year running this scheme, Helfrich recycled the offense of the previous seven years, in a less effective manner.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

No way to call this anything but the ugly game it was. But, I'll continue to pick the Ducks for the rest of the season and feel good doing so. Utah is coming on and that will be tough. But the first half tonight was a horrific combination of WSU being its crazy weird and Oregon its crazy bad. I don't see the Utes offense creating a similar disruption. Neither, AZ or ASU are any good this season. UCLA is playing better, but it's at Autzen, so I feel good about that one, and then there's OSU...and well, they're a new level of bad.
midwestduck82
Three Star Recruit

Post by midwestduck82 »

The second Half adjustments were impressive. I thought the Cougs were going to take this one 62-10.

Tip of the hat to their Defensive staff. They took what they knew of Mastro's run game and used the bye week to come with some effective defensive shifts. They completely tore up the offensive line. I think the offense will come around under Arroyo. It won't ever be a Chip/Helfrich offense but it will put up more points than tonight. He showed his youth with that play calling in the first half. That 1st down zone run every drive won't happen against Leach next year. Hopefully it won't happen again this year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Too bad it took so long for the defense to make necessary adjustments. If they'd just moved up the CBs in the 1st half like they did in the 2nd half, WSU has at most 20 points going into halftime.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I don't disagree with this, but chip had some average WR groups with nobody as good as Mitchell and still did things. Arroyo was really bad today.