CBS saying Herbert likely to stay

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

CBS saying Herbert likely to stay

Post by chapelhillduck »

Nothing definitive, but encouraging https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/oreg ... candidate/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duckenstein
Freshman

Re: CBS saying Herbert likely to stay

Post by Duckenstein »

I really hope so

This team could be special next year with Herbert

Could have 5 NFL offensive linemen

If a couple of the young receivers can flash, and a couple dbs can play early, they could compete for the playoffs
chapelhillduck wrote:Nothing definitive, but encouraging https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/oreg ... candidate/

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duckenstein wrote:I really hope so

This team could be special next year with Herbert

Could have 5 NFL offensive linemen

If a couple of the young receivers can flash, and a couple dbs can play early, they could compete for the playoffs
chapelhillduck wrote:Nothing definitive, but encouraging https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/oreg ... candidate/

Shane maybe
Throck maybe
Sewell one day
Hanson no
Warmack probably not
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

If Herbert stays, all those guys will stay and more importantly IMO, increases the likelihood that Mitchell comes back. I still don’t think Herbert stays but would love to be proven wrong. Him coming back next year would put Oregon in the top 10, if not top 5 next year.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck24 wrote:If Herbert stays, all those guys will stay and more importantly IMO, increases the likelihood that Mitchell comes back. I still don’t think Herbert stays but would love to be proven wrong. Him coming back next year would put Oregon in the top 10, if not top 5 next year.
I haven't seen anything suggesting Mitchell would be wise to go to the NFL at this point. I hate to say it, but he's a poor man's Darren Carrington as a player, and Darren isn't in the NFL.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck24 wrote:If Herbert stays, all those guys will stay and more importantly IMO, increases the likelihood that Mitchell comes back. I still don’t think Herbert stays but would love to be proven wrong. Him coming back next year would put Oregon in the top 10, if not top 5 next year.
I haven't seen anything suggesting Mitchell would be wise to go to the NFL at this point. I hate to say it, but he's a poor man's Darren Carrington as a player, and Darren isn't in the NFL.
He probably would have been if not for the off field issues
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

dphi wrote: I haven't seen anything suggesting Mitchell would be wise to go to the NFL at this point. I hate to say it, but he's a poor man's Darren Carrington as a player, and Darren isn't in the NFL.
He probably would have been if not for the off field issues[/quote]

He ran a 4.78 40. The NFL doesn't care about off the field issues. He also was in Cowboys training camp but didn't make the roster, so he had a shot.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
dphi wrote: I haven't seen anything suggesting Mitchell would be wise to go to the NFL at this point. I hate to say it, but he's a poor man's Darren Carrington as a player, and Darren isn't in the NFL.
He ran a 4.78 40. The NFL doesn't care about off the field issues. He also was in Cowboys training camp but didn't make the roster, so he had a shot.[/quote]

Totally agree. DC was all about himself and it did not take an NFL scout to see that. While I am sure there was some consideration of his off field stuff he is/was not that good. Never was an elite receiver.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Money Talks, BS Walks. Once the season is over and Justin reads his draft card with his family and takes all of the different reasons into consideration, like that if he stays there is no current CBA the following year, risk of injury etc then we'll see what he decides. Rob Moseley being a source for Jason LaCanfora doesn't strike me as a definitive stance knowing these things won't be decided now as Justin is too focused on the season.

Matt Leinart was always going to be exposed once he held his Pro Day because he never had the arm to fake it like Locker did. If he's healthy, I'll wish him all the best next level. I'm not going to get my hopes up right now that he stays for personal reasons.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:Money Talks, BS Walks. Once the season is over and Justin reads his draft card with his family and takes all of the different reasons into consideration, like that if he stays there is no current CBA the following year, risk of injury etc then we'll see what he decides. Rob Moseley being a source for Jason LaCanfora doesn't strike me as a definitive stance knowing these things won't be decided now as Justin is too focused on the season.

Matt Leinart was always going to be exposed once he held his Pro Day because he never had the arm to fake it like Locker did. If he's healthy, I'll wish him all the best next level. I'm not going to get my hopes up right now that he stays for personal reasons.
Don't discount Moseley as a source. He has a very solid read on things. He is far more plugged in and knowledgeable than people give him credit for, and contrary to what some might think, the players do talk to him. I am not in anyway saying Herbert has confided anything in Moseley, but I will tell you for fact that he is very knowledgeable and can tell you from personal experience that a couple of things that he has intimated in his articles and in conversations with him, have come to pass. I will leave it at that.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Weren’t there the same reports about Sam Darnold last year?

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

StevensTechU wrote: He ran a 4.78 40. The NFL doesn't care about off the field issues. He also was in Cowboys training camp but didn't make the roster, so he had a shot.
Fair enough, didn't realize his combine numbers weren't that great.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I’ll just leave this here:
And this:
Last edited by Duck24 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

lmduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
He ran a 4.78 40. The NFL doesn't care about off the field issues. He also was in Cowboys training camp but didn't make the roster, so he had a shot.
Totally agree. DC was all about himself and it did not take an NFL scout to see that. While I am sure there was some consideration of his off field stuff he is/was not that good. Never was an elite receiver.[/quote]

His NFL prospects won’t get any better if he stays and Herbert goes, that’s the point I’m getting at. Stay and put your hopes on Burmeister having a turnaround of epic proportions or Shough being a stud day 1, or leave with your NFL caliber QB.