Oregon @ Utah (Nov. 10, Sat 2:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Utah (Nov. 10, Sat 2:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by Phenom »

Please tell me which plays you would call? Our OL is cannot get their blocking assignments right, Herbert is not confident,our RBs are subpar and we have 1 playmaker.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:Please tell me which plays you would call? Our OL is cannot get their blocking assignments right, Herbert is not confident,our RBs are subpar and we have 1 playmaker.
Not run left on 1st down, not throw to Mitchell on a slant on 3rd/4th and short. Every predictable thing about our offense was true tonight.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Phenom wrote:Please tell me which plays you would call? Our OL is cannot get their blocking assignments right, Herbert is not confident,our RBs are subpar and we have 1 playmaker.
Sweep or end around a few times game
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phenom wrote:I don’t get the criticism for Arroyo tbh. It was execution more than anything. Our OL is a mess. There were always guys going untouched. Plus Herbert is not the leader we need him to be. Not only that but we jhabe exactly 1 playmaker on offense
After reconsidering the game. I agree with you. Herbert has been playing very poor. He has an amazing arm but he just doesn’t have it mentally. His decision making needs to improve. So often he decides before the snap where he’s passing it but other times he stands in the pocket and takes a sack when he needs to make a decision. He has the potential to be better than Marcus but he isn’t as good as DT in my mind. Herbert needs to figure this out and how to be consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm absolutely blaming the refs for depriving us of a shot to win at the end. Our receiver's whole back was on the ground with 4 seconds left... I took a fun pic of it (with drawn notations) for Facebook.

Then for the refs to just try to run away, then stop to "review it" for all of 15 seconds -- man, have we ever seen the refs take so little time to review a call?

We played like crap, but if anyone can connect on a Hail Mary, it's Herbert to Mitchell. They basically did it against WSU once already.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Phenom wrote:I don’t get the criticism for Arroyo tbh. It was execution more than anything. Our OL is a mess. There were always guys going untouched. Plus Herbert is not the leader we need him to be. Not only that but we jhabe exactly 1 playmaker on offense
Tell me why we ran the same slant pass to Mitchell on that 4th down play that we ran in the first half on 3rd and short. That also didn't work. That was clearly scouted after we ran it a lot last week.

That's bad offensive play calling. This is our least productive offense in YEARS and we have a clear cut NFL QB and WR. The offensive line is mostly upper classmen with lots of experience.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

rockthief wrote:
Sweep or end around a few times game
We ran at least one sweep and we lost yards. Our perimeter blocking and TE blocking is pooor. So that’s it? We ran screens, we threw to our backs (and TBJ kept dropping it), we had a solid intermediate passing game, running game got going late.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckfan96 wrote:Can’t blame Herbert...imo. Pressure at all times, 1 consistent receiver. Can’t believe there isn’t anyone else who can consistently catch the ball
I disagree. He took some sacks and even fumbled the call after sitting in the pocket for way too long. Sometimes yeah the OLine was awful but at other times Herbert didn’t help them out. Herbert needs to be better.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Leavitt deserves more heat than Arroyo, tbh. Dye has regressed and our other ILBs are even worde.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:
Tell me why we ran the same slant pass to Mitchell on that 4th down play that we ran in the first half on 3rd and short. That also didn't work. That was clearly scouted after we ran it a lot last week.

That's bad offensive play calling. This is our least productive offense in YEARS and we have a clear cut NFL QB and WR. The offensive line is mostly upper classmen with lots of experience.
I’ll agree with you there but Herbert makes up his mind where he’s passing it before the ball is snapped multiple times.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

pezsez1 wrote:I'm absolutely blaming the refs for depriving us of a shot to win at the end. Our receiver's whole back was on the ground with 4 seconds left... I took a fun pic of it (with drawn notations) for Facebook.

Then for the refs to just try to run away, then stop to "review it" for all of 15 seconds -- man, have we ever seen the refs take so little time to review a call?

We played like crap, but if anyone can connect on a Hail Mary, it's Herbert to Mitchell. They basically did it against WSU once already.
Can we see the pic?
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Herbert keys on one receiver....cause he’s the only receiver who catches the ball consistently. He took sacks by trying to make plays. Yes he had a couple of bad plays but damn the o lines was horrible.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Duck07 wrote:I'm confident we'll win next week and then lose to the bark rats and in a bowl game. Apparently we're really only able to win in Autzen so maybe we just leave Arroyo there when we travel.
Blew the game with Stanford at Autzen. Beat UW in OT; So did Cal. UCLA is worst team in PAC-12. I'm not impressed with this team right now even at Autzen. We could lose to ASU. Doubt we lose to OSU but could. Herbert will now not be #1 pick in NFL draft.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

1-3 since the win over UW ... what gives?

Im starting to see some troubling trends from this team:

- Not prepared to start games on the road
- Lack of innovation on offense
- Not performing when it matters most (ie: Comeback to within a score of WSU, promptly give up a TD - Take lead vs Utah, let backup QB score in 5 plays after only manufacturing 3 pts all half - Stanford game was signed, sealed, and delivered, yet Oregon found a way to snap victory from the jaws of defeat)

Seriously, what's going on with our Ducks? The past few years it's always been chalked up to a QB injury (15, 16, 17) but Herbert's been healthy this year and we're still struggling. I understand we're not CFP ready but this team has Top 25 talent and we look awful lately. Given our schedule pre-season, 8-4 was seen as the least amount of acceptable wins and now that's in jeopardy with ASU coming to Autzen next week.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Btw, I agree that gameplanning is probably an issue, play calling is not.

Some of this falls on Mario’s shoulders. He wants to have a powerful running offense but how can we do that when his OL is never on sync and we have the least talented stable of RBs that we’ve had in a LOOOONG time? Some of this is also on Mastro. TBJ is either checked out or he’s regressed.