Keith Simms

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

odux
Three Star Recruit

Keith Simms

Post by odux »

Does anyone know why he doesn't get any run on defense? All we heard this spring and fall camp was how hes been all over the field making plays. And now he is limited to special teams only. I just find it odd that he can't get on to the field. Even at Arizona when Winston was out, he wasn't on the field. Brady Breeze and Pou Peleti-Gore got reps at OLB. I know they have moved him from inside to out and now back to inside.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Re: Keith Simms

Post by Duckenstein »

I believe he's injured
odux wrote:Does anyone know why he doesn't get any run on defense? All we heard this spring and fall camp was how hes been all over the field making plays. And now he is limited to special teams only. I just find it odd that he can't get on to the field. Even at Arizona when Winston was out, he wasn't on the field. Brady Breeze and Pou Peleti-Gore got reps at OLB. I know they have moved him from inside to out and now back to inside.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Simms is not injured, as he's been splitting first-team reps with Niu in practice this week. Simms had to move to MLB with the injuries to ISM and Apelu.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Thought I read a comment from a coach, that said Simms has all the tools but he is undisciplined. Can’t remeber where I read that.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

They moved Simms to OLB and I think it's hindered his development. He's a run-stuffing, MLB through and through.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:They moved Simms to OLB and I think it's hindered his development. He's a run-stuffing, MLB through and through.
Any idea why he hasn't played there?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

They needed bodies at OLB. It's part of why Jelks has played a lot of OLB, as well. But it's definitely not his strength.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

How are we so thin at OLB? Did Leavitt drop the ball there with recruiting last season or has the coaching carousel affected that position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:How are we so thin at OLB? Did Leavitt drop the ball there with recruiting last season or has the coaching carousel affected that position?

They couldn't get DJ Johnson eligible immediately, Andrew Johnson has had to rehab from a knee injury, and they couldn't find any other OLB recruits after Eli'jah Winston and Jonathan King decommitted. Just a bunch of different factors causing a shortage.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:How are we so thin at OLB? Did Leavitt drop the ball there with recruiting last season or has the coaching carousel affected that position?

They couldn't get DJ Johnson eligible immediately, Andrew Johnson has had to rehab from a knee injury, and they couldn't find any other OLB recruits after Eli'jah Winston and Jonathan King decommitted. Just a bunch of different factors causing a shortage.
Gotcha, too bad. Hopefully this coaching staff can bring more stability and consistency, I have faith that they will.

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Be really nice to have LBs with some weight on them, you know, real LBs.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

rockthief wrote:Be really nice to have LBs with some weight on them, you know, real LBs.
Many teams use undersize LBs in the PAC-12, since it is such a pass happy league.