Something to remember

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Something to remember

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
Duck24 wrote:The only thing to remember is that we lost to a backup QB and RB with a top 5 NFL draft pick at QB. Stop trying to sugarcoat this. Another putrid first half performance by the offense.
Sorry Debbie, lol
Jokes on us Alan because the problem for this offense is not all of those injuries or lack of players which is what this thread wants us to focus on. The problem here is complete lack of offensive identity. I can give the Defense a pass because of those reasons but when I look at the offense, I seriously feel like Walter right now because I have no clue what our goal is. We continue to do the same things again and again while expecting a different result.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
Duck24 wrote:The only thing to remember is that we lost to a backup QB and RB with a top 5 NFL draft pick at QB. Stop trying to sugarcoat this. Another putrid first half performance by the offense.
Sorry Debbie, lol
Jokes on us Alan because the problem for this offense is not all of those injuries or lack of players which is what this thread wants us to focus on. The problem here is complete lack of offensive identity. I can give the Defense a pass because of those reasons but when I look at the offense, I seriously feel like Walter right now because I have no clue what our goal is. We continue to do the same things again and again while expecting a different result.
I can agree with this, the Offense is a mess, for different reasons. O line is banged up but Herbert has more to do with it as does the WR's. The play calling I won't scream but it is very bad, pistol ain't working coach! But final fact is what I listed about The Ducks earlier.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Let me get this right, the opponent lost their two star offensive players and you taking shots at our offense for not performing better because of that? No mention that our defense wasn’t more effective?
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

If we go 8-4 and beat last years record with WT it will be okay with me. If FSU misses a bowl that will be great. I would expect major improvements next year.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

The one bright spot for the defense, can you recall any completions against our corners? Our LBs were awful all around but especially in pass coverage. We should have considered a nickel cover to help over the middle but our corners were really good I thought.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:The one bright spot for the defense, can you recall any completions against our corners? Our LBs were awful all around but especially in pass coverage. We should have considered a nickel cover to help over the middle but our corners were really good I thought.
I think you're right. It seemed every pass was completed to a receiver being covered by a LB or S.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:The one bright spot for the defense, can you recall any completions against our corners? Our LBs were awful all around but especially in pass coverage. We should have considered a nickel cover to help over the middle but our corners were really good I thought.
Agreed, I have to eat crow about Donte Williams, the CB’s have made leaps and bounds of improvement this year. Lenoir is really really good.

Also, regarding the offense, I think we should give them next year. I don’t know if it’s Arroyo or Cristobal but every game they come out with a game plan that relies on at least somewhat of a successful run game, and because every defense knows that they load the box and put Oregon at a numbers disadvantage. In the second halves, they seem to adjust a bit and use the passing game to open up the run game. If Oregon just came out firing I wonder if that’d give Herbert more confidence and Oregon could find some early success. Just feels like Arroyo and Cristobal are confused and I’m sure that doesn’t give the players any confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk