Can or will you help?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Can or will you help?

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

My wife is from the Philippines and her mom is in serious condition at a hospital there in Manila. My wife is an only child and it is upon her to take care of her mom. I have created a go fund me account. If anyone would like to help with the rising medical cost of my wife please send me a PM. We will be very grateful for any assistance. Thanks.
jimmy12
Senior

Re: Can or will you help?

Post by jimmy12 »

SPAM unless proof.

If anyone wants to open an account for me who is trying to get a prince out of Nigeria, I am happy to give you 1/2 their wealth which equals 5 trillion dollars.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GoDucksIn09 has been a member for a long time. I talked to him in detail about this before he posted. In fact, he was hesitant to, but I convinced him to do it because I'm sure there's at least a few here willing to help out.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think once someone has 1000+ posts we can give them the benefit of the doubt.

"We got a nice little beach community here Lebowski..."
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Cut him some slack... I know a lot of guys with families in places like the Philipines, and it's no joke when this type of thing comes up.

'09 has been a loyal, contributing member of this forum for a long time. He deserves the benefit of the doubt, if not your respect.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Ok, I stand corrected. I do think a little more context was warranted. You cannot tell me that did not read like a standard SPAM ask. With that said, apologies and I am sorry to hear of your family issue.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Is not a scam. I am shocked at those thinking it is/was I am also grateful for those giving the benefit of the doubt. I did talk to TK before posting, and while I thought it was unlikely anyone would help, I figured I would still ask and see. I also figured if anyone wanted to, they would message me, and I would give more details. Nobody did and I am not mad about that.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

I'm also surprised at some people who automatically think SPAM/SCAM.
I think gofundme accounts have to go towards the actual registered project or cause, or else donors get their money back.