Early Signees: Who Plays?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

brich75
Senior

Re: Early Signees: Who Plays?

Post by brich75 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:Cale is probably at least 3 seasons from playing, but glad to see he's jumping in early
Maybe, but he'll have a real shot during the QB competition next offseason.

Should be a good competition. Although all those Clemson tweets really put a damper on my DJ Uiagalelei to Oregon dreams.
Clemson’s QB still has 2 years left so that should factor in our favor. No way anybody is going in and taking that job
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Uiagalelei is a 2020 guy so by the time he gets to Clemson, Lawrence (if he continues to play like he did this year) will likely only be there one more year. The depth behind Lawrence currently are a RS FR who was a 3* out of HS and a couple walkons. They're adding a 2019 4* HS QB so the depth chart isn't exactly too daunting for a supposed 5* QB.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

greenyellow wrote:Uiagalelei is a 2020 guy so by the time he gets to Clemson, Lawrence (if he continues to play like he did this year) will likely only be there one more year. The depth behind Lawrence currently are a RS FR who was a 3* out of HS and a couple walkons. They're adding a 2019 4* HS QB so the depth chart isn't exactly too daunting for a supposed 5* QB.
Lawrence will be there two more years
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

jimmy12 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Uiagalelei is a 2020 guy so by the time he gets to Clemson, Lawrence (if he continues to play like he did this year) will likely only be there one more year. The depth behind Lawrence currently are a RS FR who was a 3* out of HS and a couple walkons. They're adding a 2019 4* HS QB so the depth chart isn't exactly too daunting for a supposed 5* QB.
And like I said, he'll likely only overlap with Uiagalelei for a season. At Oregon, while they won't be returning a starting QB, he'll be competing against people who'll have been in the system for at least a year. Clemson will also likely be coming off another CFP appearance or two by the time DJ U is ready to start so that may be more enticing of a potential situation.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
And like I said, he'll likely only overlap with Uiagalelei for a season. At Oregon, while they won't be returning a starting QB, he'll be competing against people who'll have been in the system for at least a year. Clemson will also likely be coming off another CFP appearance or two by the time DJ U is ready to start so that may be more enticing of a potential situation.
I know some people find that position enticing but it's also a lot of pressure and you would just be the next guy in the system, while at Oregon he could be the guy that pushes us over the top. I know that appealed to KT.