SI.COM Way To Early Poll has Ducks # 10

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: SI.COM Way To Early Poll has Ducks # 10

Post by shoparound »

Greenblood wrote:I guess it goes without saying that many, as it would follow, have us winning the Pac-12 next year. But with road games at UW, Stanford and USC, that's going to be hard even if we're a pretty good team.

Maybe it's a bit much, and maybe as we enter next season the Ducks will settle closer to #15 than #10 in the major polls (though I especially find Wilner's notable). But another thing I really like about this is the thought of how infuriating it must be to many rabid Husky fans who simply don't want to acknowledge that the Ducks are "anything," and here they are regarded ahead of UW even after UW won the conference for the second time in three years. To me, it also speaks of the reality of the Ducks "brand" that they can vault up into national relevance so quickly after the horror that began with part of 2015 and went through 2016, followed then by the coaching changes.
Knowing our team, we will find a way to do well in these games, only to lose some random arizona/wsu game.