DAT arrested

Post by Alan »

Maybe should be asked to be traded to the Seahawks! Lol

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kansas-c ... na-charges
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: DAT arrested

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Going on Twitter bragging about creating “multiple revenue streams”? What an idiotic move. In NFL executives’ eyes he went from a guy that smokes pot in the off-season (he’s injured so it's been the offseason to him for a while) to an aspiring dealer. Not a smart move for a guy that is a borderline keep/cut player.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Well his mug shot certainly appears to support the reason for the arrest.

Seems like he was always on the fringe of staying in the league and this should pretty much seal his fate.

His 'aquaintance' with Snoop was always a cause for concern at UO that's for sure.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Eh, it's just marijuana. Was he driving while high? Was he bringing a load down from the Canadian border? If he wasn't, then this is only a story because Kansas is so backwoods.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

pezsez1 wrote:Eh, it's just marijuana. Was he driving while high? Was he bringing a load down from the Canadian border? If he wasn't, then this is only a story because Kansas is so backwoods.
Him tweeting that he was trying to create a revenue stream definitely hints at more than just getting caught smoking a j in a conservative state...
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Not to be confused with Joe Camel.....

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... a-business
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Him tweeting that he was trying to create a revenue stream definitely hints at more than just getting caught smoking a j in a conservative state...
Do you really think he'd admit on Twitter to being a drug dealer on the side? That struck me as him just making light of a bad situation.

Also, he wasn't charged with anything other than possession. If he were legit dealing, this would have already escalated into something much bigger.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

pezsez1 wrote: Do you really think he'd admit on Twitter to being a drug dealer on the side? That struck me as him just making light of a bad situation.
"Where's the weed?"

"We smoked it all, officer."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Rule #4 DAT
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

"Where's the weed?"

"We smoked it all, officer."

Wasn't that Cliff Harris? And even so, smoking weed (which I can't remember if doing so was legal in Oregon yet at that time) is far different than being a drug dealer and admitting it on Twitter.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It was Darron Thomas. Cliff was more into armed robbery.

But I was just having fun. Chill.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

StevensTechU wrote:It was Darron Thomas. Cliff was more into armed robbery.

But I was just having fun. Chill.
If memory serves, Darron Thomas was riding in the car while Cliff was driving. Darron denied partaking (just needed the ride back from Portland), while Cliff readily admitted that "we smoked it all".

Here's the story that ran on espn:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ijuana-car
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Cliff was the " we smoked it all" guy.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

From a law enforcement point of view as well as a conservative I think this is absolutely rediculous unless he was driving impaired . I would much rather deal with someone that has been smoking weed all day instead of drinking all day.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Currently rec weed is legal in 10 states, med weed is legal in 33 states. As more states see the benefits of the tax revenue it will sweep the country...... weed Is here. While I don't smoke now, I have in my youth, I have no problem with it and believe it has great benefits on the medical level. I do think it does impare ones ability to drive so should be treated accordingly, although the "high" off weed only last for a couple of hours, unlike alcohol. But the fact is DAT had it in a state where it was illegal, his mistake.