DAT arrested

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: DAT arrested

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:07, this is a interesting topic and I do enjoy your post and our banter...... with that said you really need to do your homework before you pop off and try to sound knowledgeable in this area, lol. I say that light hearted. Again with this post I will repeat, I do not smoke weed, I have .... a bunch, in my early twenties in the mid 70's and have tried it a couple of times in the last 10 years. The weed of today is not the same the weed of my youth, buying three finger lids for $10 full of leaves, stems and seeds. It's not for me at 60 years old...... give me a bud light. With that said.

I do own a farm and when weed was legalized I saw a few legal grow operations spring up in my area, so I researched the commercial end of growing, including growing a couple of plants from clones to see what was involved. The first one I tossed at a couple of months into it because of disease, the second one I completed to mature buds and tossed because of mold. What a time consuming pain in the ass to produce! I never looked into wholesale value of weed but I knew the retail cost to buy was between $5 and $16 per gram. If a grower knows what they are doing and is willing to put in the ridicolus amount of time and risk of crop disease to get a plant to the flower stage, depending on the variety, about 6 months, then good for them. Included in this growth period is topping and trimming for increased colas (bud producing stems). When you begin flowering it takes a minimum of two more months for the buds to mature and the trichomes to mature on the buds. So 8 months into a plant and you still have to dry and cure the buds, another two to three months storage and "burping" you storage containers...... I will let you google that, no time to explain it. You are a minimum of 10 months into one crop..... of course a grower wants multiple, rotating crops but you still have a crop that takes almost a year to market. If a grower really knows what they are doing they MIGHT get a pound and a half off a plant....... yes I grew up farming corn, mint, hay and wheat. Growing commercially is a big boy, corporate, game, so is why Joe Montana just invested $75 million into the industry.

This post is to explain why it is easier for two stoners to drive a few hours, buy a few pounds legally and haul it home to sell to their stoner buddies, rather than grow it themselves or wonder if they can make money at it. If it is illegal and the smokers still pay street price, smugglers set street price and never run out unless they can't afford the gas to drive. Lol.
Alan, let me be straight with you, I need to stop laughing at you trying to lecture me about growing weed. 1.5 pounds per plant, lol. Try 4 pounds per plant in a 4 month cycle and then you can lecture me. Also, its clear you are talking about outdoor grows, indoor is better for production. If you really want to know more you can PM me.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

We can agree to disagree, but you can simply do what I did and do a little research on the internet. You are dead wrong trying to show you are correct.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

StevensTechU wrote:
bdkipe wrote:DAT smokes some tree? Next thing you know we will find out bears crap in the woods. What I want to hear is the story of Ca$h Harris robbing a dude at gunpoint and how the hell it got squashed and not back to Chippah. That was back in the day when if a Duck FB player jaywalked it was front page news...
The guy they robbed (my buddy's roommate), who is now a top notch salesperson in the PDX area, was a dealer back in college. Calling the cops would have put them both in jail.

And I don't recall an era of FB players never making mistakes ever happening. I've seen fights and all kinds of other stuff by former players that were never a thing, and I have to imagine that's still the case. Perhaps the most unbelievable story I have first-hand experience with is a time when Colt Lyerla probably should have kicked the bejesus out of somebody but had incredible restraint.
They weren't smart enough to wear masks?

If you can make it as a dealer you can make it anywhere. Haha. The few I knew back in high school were smart enough to quit after awhile and went on to also be successful businessmen and sale side professionals.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:We can agree to disagree, but you can simply do what I did and do a little research on the internet. You are dead wrong trying to show you are correct.
4 pounds per plant in a 4 month cycle is not a myth or an exaggeration by any stretch of the means but something that has been done for 30+ years in the PNW inside homes that are being remodeled that you'd never knew had 40 fully grown plants in the basement. That you have zero experience actually growing pot and you are trying to tell me I'm wrong because google, is utterly insane.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:We can agree to disagree, but you can simply do what I did and do a little research on the internet. You are dead wrong trying to show you are correct.
4 pounds per plant in a 4 month cycle is not a myth or an exaggeration by any stretch of the means but something that has been done for 30+ years in the PNW inside homes that are being remodeled that you'd never knew had 40 fully grown plants in the basement. That you have zero experience actually growing pot and you are trying to tell me I'm wrong because google, is utterly insane.

Keep digging! Lol. You are talking leaf in your four pound total...no one sells leaf . My last word on this back to the Ducks.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Keep digging! Lol. You are talking leaf in your four pound total...no one sells leaf . My last word on this back to the Ducks.
Nope, all bud. Why is it so difficult for you to grasp that people who have been growing weed for over 30 years can do better?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Nope, all bud. Why is it so difficult for you to grasp that people who have been growing weed for over 30 years can do better?

Okay not my last word, I may know a little about it and you are dead wrong or your people lairs or both. Move on....
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Looks like I'm in the minority in never having tried this marijuanas thing.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

FlDuckFan wrote:Looks like I'm in the minority in never having tried this marijuanas thing.
Lol. Part of the hazards of living in the "keep it weird", 420 part of the state...... the western 1/3 of Oregon, the other 2/3 is much different.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

FlDuckFan wrote:Looks like I'm in the minority in never having tried this marijuanas thing.
In general, I think we as a society are better off with less people smoking pot than more. I think we should ban advertising for pot, cigarettes, alcohol, prescription drugs, etc. People can make their own choices without being bombarded.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I agree with 07 on this....indoor grows put out more quantity. Would believe people with firsthand knowledge over google.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

You know it's the offseason when a duck is getting arrested...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan96 wrote:I agree with 07 on this....indoor grows put out more quantity. Would believe people with firsthand knowledge over google.

Ahhhhhhhhh........ I didn't say I gained my knowledge of growing from google I said he could google it, smh! This whole thing means little, I don't smoke, I will not smoke, I only grew for the experience because as a 20 something in the early 70's I just knew pot would never be legal in my life time. The only thing I will agree with 07, growing indoor and outdoor has been going on for many years.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:I agree with 07 on this....indoor grows put out more quantity. Would believe people with firsthand knowledge over google.

Ahhhhhhhhh........ I didn't say I gained my knowledge of growing from google I said he could google it, smh! This whole thing means little, I don't smoke, I will not smoke, I only grew for the experience because as a 20 something in the early 70's I just knew pot would never be legal in my life time. The only thing I will agree with 07, growing indoor and outdoor has been going on for many years.
Why you think I'm lying to you is beyond me. I get that you don't believe those kind of yields are possible but I'm telling you that its is possible and has been done...for decades. Don't be so simple minded.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

This is a fun topic for us to argue about.

I've never grown myself, but having googled it and read a couple blogs, it seems to really depend on lighting, and the upper estimates for a plant were at around three pounds.