Auburn early favorite against Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Auburn early favorite against Oregon

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Few day old news, but I feel like Auburn’s defense is gonna be really good and kinda expected Auburn to be bigger favorites than 1.5 points. Thoughts?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: Auburn early favorite against Oregon

Post by TualatinDuck »

My only thought is I hate that this game is in Dallas.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

That's a nice line for this "neutral" game, doesn't reflect the Way too early polls that have Oregon higher ranked than Auburn.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Oregon can not score on the road. Line should be at least 7 or 10 in favor of Auburn.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

I haven't seen anything that makes me think Oregon is capable of scoring in the double digits against Auburn. Hopefully the spring game shows some tweaks and improvements on the offensive side of the ball. One of the coaches did mention opening things up. They seem to be aware of the problem--I'm just not convinced that they are going to do what's necessary to fix it.

Too much ego, they kept the guy they liked (Arroyo), who has been underperforming, and got rid of the guy with proven results (Leavitt).

That being said, recruiting is the single biggest factor in the success of a team. Cristobal and co are obviously knocking it out of the park in that regard. Actually having 85 players on scholarship should be a significant boost. It remains to be seen how good the staff is at evaluating and developing talent.

The flip side is, Auburn is a mess. Their fans are convinced that the team plays significantly better when Malzahn is on the hot seat--but that's probably coincidental and their team is just inconsistent. It's not entirely clear who will play QB. It's possible that the Auburn offense doesn't show up.

Teams change more than fans and media expect them to from year-to-year. I could be completely off base. At least we have an exciting week 1.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

A whole lot of optimists in here.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

We're going to have trouble scoring in that game, but Auburn is breaking in a new QB and will likely have a conservative gameplan. Too early really, but something in the 17-13 range is a reasonable score.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:A whole lot of optimists in here.
lol no kidding. If our D can create some turnover and hold their own, I can see us winning. But with a new DC at the helm, I just don't see it. As long as it's competitive, I'm happy.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Auburn also scored about 70 more points in their bowl game than we did.

Our best chance is that breaking in a new QB takes them a while.