Burmeister to VaTech

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Burmeister to VaTech

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Braxton has officially transferred to Virginia tech. I believe we still need 3-4 more transfers to make the numbers work.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Burmeister to VaTech

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Good. Hopefully he can find some playing time there, good luck Braxton!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Not trying to be mean, but if he wants to play he should have gone to division II.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Not trying to be mean, but if he wants to play he should have gone to division II.
Or a triple option team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I don't know what his current thinking is, but apparently he maintained throughout that disastrous first season that he was a good passer who simply needed practice and wasn't being allowed to develop. He may still believe this. I do feel sorry for him, being thrown to the wolves as soon as he got to Oregon, but other QB's have thrived under similar circumstances. He got a really good chance to show what he could do, and wasn't able to capitalize on it. Hopefully he figures something out at the next stop. Good luck to him.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:I don't know what his current thinking is, but apparently he maintained throughout that disastrous first season that he was a good passer who simply needed practice and wasn't being allowed to develop. He may still believe this. I do feel sorry for him, being thrown to the wolves as soon as he got to Oregon, but other QB's have thrived under similar circumstances. He got a really good chance to show what he could do, and wasn't able to capitalize on it. Hopefully he figures something out at the next stop. Good luck to him.

Maybe he is, but a QB can either pass or he can't. Being thrown into the fire doesn't change that. Herbert was thrown into a much worse spot as a true Fr, and was the lone bright spot in a horrible year.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I don't know what his current thinking is, but apparently he maintained throughout that disastrous first season that he was a good passer who simply needed practice and wasn't being allowed to develop. He may still believe this. I do feel sorry for him, being thrown to the wolves as soon as he got to Oregon, but other QB's have thrived under similar circumstances. He got a really good chance to show what he could do, and wasn't able to capitalize on it. Hopefully he figures something out at the next stop. Good luck to him.

Maybe he is, but a QB can either pass or he can't. Being thrown into the fire doesn't change that. Herbert was thrown into a much worse spot as a true Fr, and was the lone bright spot in a horrible year.
Agree, plenty of QB's have dealt with the same situation, they either have it or they don't. They aren't playing high school ball anymore, everyone is a top high school player.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

A good passer? On madden maybe.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Good luck to him. Hokies are happy and it seems Braxton didn't think he had a level playing field a Oregon. One comment from 247
Has nothing to do with anything but I believe I was looking at the comments on IG from Hokie central I believe and I someone said Bb wasn’t good at Oregon and he responded by saying
It was an interesting situation. Hopefully I can show you guy my full potential. I won’t let you down

https://247sports.com/college/virginia- ... 129418174/
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Braxton was placed in a bad situation with a coach who couldn't coach him out of a paper bag during his first year. I wish him luck and hopefully he gets a chance to showcase his talents. With a change of scenery who knows what can happen.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

FlDuckFan wrote:Braxton was placed in a bad situation with a coach who couldn't coach him out of a paper bag during his first year. I wish him luck and hopefully he gets a chance to showcase his talents. With a change of scenery who knows what can happen.
Justin Herbert had the same coaches.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:Braxton was placed in a bad situation with a coach who couldn't coach him out of a paper bag during his first year. I wish him luck and hopefully he gets a chance to showcase his talents. With a change of scenery who knows what can happen.
And is a projected 1st round pick if not 1st overall. Are you saying people shouldn't wish the kid luck and hope he does well? If this is the case Cristobal made a mistake in recruiting the WR transfer from Penn State because he struggled with the basic concept of his position too.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Not trying to be mean, but if he wants to play he should have gone to division II.
Well if we're going to go that far, the whole basketball team needs an evaluation as well.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

shoparound wrote:
Well if we're going to go that far, the whole basketball team needs an evaluation as well.
Hahaha! Good point.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

FlDuckFan wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
And is a projected 1st round pick if not 1st overall. Are you saying people shouldn't wish the kid luck and hope he does well? If this is the case Cristobal made a mistake in recruiting the WR transfer from Penn State because he struggled with the basic concept of his position too.
Oh, no. Sorry that I gave that impression. Absolutely, I wish him luck too. I just disagree with the narrative that he was dealt a bad hand here. He had opportunities that many kids would dream of. He really didn't show us anything with his opportunities. Not everyone is a D1 QB. I didn't see enough from BB that I think he'll have any chance of success at VA Tech. That said, I wish him luck to go and prove me wrong. Then he can crush my dreams of being an NFL talent evaluator. :lol: