"per source," Mullens a candidate for TAMU AD position

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

"per source," Mullens a candidate for TAMU AD position

Post by Greenblood »

Last edited by Greenblood on Thu May 02, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: "Per source," Mullens a candidate for Texas A&M AD posit

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He and his agent are just looking for a raise IMO. I doubt he gets substantially more money than what he currently makes. I'd call his bluff if it was up to me.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

he is highly respected by his peers and someone that a number of universities have reached out to in the past so be careful what you wish for.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:He and his agent are just looking for a raise IMO. I doubt he gets substantially more money than what he currently makes. I'd call his bluff if it was up to me.
No, TAMU is throwing dirty oil money everywhere the past few years after Manziel made them popular for a hot minute
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duck07 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:He and his agent are just looking for a raise IMO. I doubt he gets substantially more money than what he currently makes. I'd call his bluff if it was up to me.
No, TAMU is throwing dirty oil money everywhere the past few years after Manziel made them popular for a hot minute
Their AD left for LSU to make a base of 525k there.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
and they aren't going to hire Mullens for less than he is making which is more than that already. they also wouldn't go after Rob if they didn't think he's an upgrade and willingly to pay.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: "per source," Mullens a candidate for TAMU AD position

Post by StevensTechU »

Texas has no state income tax. Every dollar TAMU pays, Oregon has to match $1.10.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Texas has no state income tax. Every dollar TAMU pays, Oregon has to match $1.10.
Sure, but he'd have all that sales tax! and have to pump his own gas! the horror!
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Kind of crazy, after what A&M paid Jimbo.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Hoagduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Texas has no state income tax. Every dollar TAMU pays, Oregon has to match $1.10.
Sure, but he'd have all that sales tax! and have to pump his own gas! the horror!
Don’t forget Cost of living in Eugene is some of the highest on the west coast when compared to average yearly income. Cost of living in the south is significantly cheaper. Income tax vs sales tax has to many variables, especially on an individual basis. Jmho

GO DUCKS!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

rsbgduck wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:
Don’t forget Cost of living in Eugene is some of the highest on the west coast when compared to average yearly income. Cost of living in the south is significantly cheaper. Income tax vs sales tax has to many variables, especially on an individual basis. Jmho

GO DUCKS!
Typically, sales tax is more favorable when you're a high income earner than income tax, given you're not buying cars and gold chains with all your money. When you're middle income, the difference is less noteworthy because you're not saving at a large clip.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:

GO DUCKS!
Typically, sales tax is more favorable when you're a high income earner than income tax, given you're not buying cars and gold chains with all your money. When you're middle income, the difference is less noteworthy because you're not saving at a large clip.
Thanks for the info and explaining it nicely, didn’t take that into account. Completely spaced the higher tax bracket.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:
Take a long hard look around you. Almost everything you see comes from or is a byproduct of “dirty” oil. Go hug a tree.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
NBC is reporting Scott Woodward received $900,000 per year at A&M. Strange he would take a 40% pay cut. Mullens is a bit over $700,000 but a potential retention bonus of $1.5 million, roughly equal to another $200K each year on an 8 year contract.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

900k a year for a guy who let Chip tell him who to hire in the most important job in the athletic dept? A guy who then let Dungy tell him to hire, and then let the football team tell him to hire? We could pay some kid 50k a year to be that careless.