Scholarship tracker?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Scholarship tracker?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Does anyone have a finger on the pulse of where we stand with scholarships now?

With Chris Steele being discussed and maybe a late grad transfer, do we still need/expect more attrition?
greenyellow

Re: Scholarship tracker?

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is at 86 scholarships right now, which is one over the 85 limit. I wouldn't be surprised to see another transfer or medical retirement before the summer is out.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Surprised Chris Randazzo's name hasn't come up. Seems like he's consistently banged up, and when he's not, his name isn't showing up in any reports of guys who are impressing. Seems like a candidate for retirement or transfer.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

86 isn't too bad. I thought we were still at 87-88

Candidates:
Daewood Davis
Tom Snee
Hunter Kampmoyer
Sam Poutasi

Darrian Felix (Unlikely)
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

lukeyrid13 wrote:86 isn't too bad. I thought we were still at 87-88

Candidates:
Daewood Davis
Tom Snee
Hunter Kampmoyer
Sam Poutasi

Darrian Felix (Unlikely)

Poutasi is not going to be processed. The fact that he got rhabdo as the result of a team workout is not in dispute. The university and his attorney will reach a settlement and getting kicked off the team will only give his attorney more evidence that Poutasi was damaged.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Two other names that are questionable:
Gemon Eaford
Andrew Johnson

Unfortunately, both of these are LBs and look like they may be leaving.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

jimmy12 wrote:Two other names that are questionable:
Gemon Eaford
Andrew Johnson

Johnson has never indicated he wants to leave. His tranfer.rumor.has been fueled by posters thinking since he's from Georgia, and has been hurt from day 1, he would want to leave.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Gemon Eaford
Andrew Johnson

Johnson has never indicated he wants to leave. His tranfer.rumor.has been fueled by posters thinking since he's from Georgia, and has been hurt from day 1, he would want to leave.
I was under the impression it was because* he had a bond with the now-gone Jim Leavitt.
Last edited by StevensTechU on Fri May 10, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

StevensTechU wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Gemon Eaford
Andrew Johnson

I was under the impression it was become he had a bond with the now-gone Jim Leavitt.
Depends on your source. Some rumors said that Jim was recruiting some guys to leave after he peaced out. So you never know, Eugene is way different than Tifton and it's not unusual for Freshman to get homesick.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Gemon Eaford
Andrew Johnson

I was under the impression it was become he had a bond with the now-gone Jim Leavitt.
Buck is correct on this one. Johnson has never indicated he wants to leave, all poster speculation. He did an interview during spring practice and sure didn't sound like a guy with one foot out the door.

Gemon is a different story, appears he posted on IG and Snapchat that he wants to transfer home but quickly deleted the posts. Who knows.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

StevensTechU wrote:Surprised Chris Randazzo's name hasn't come up. Seems like he's consistently banged up, and when he's not, his name isn't showing up in any reports of guys who are impressing. Seems like a candidate for retirement or transfer.
Oregonian article said he was up near 400 lbs but has lost some weight

Would be extremely surprised not to see 2 or 3 guys retired or transfer
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

wepto wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:86 isn't too bad. I thought we were still at 87-88

Candidates:
Daewood Davis
Tom Snee
Hunter Kampmoyer
Sam Poutasi

Darrian Felix (Unlikely)

Poutasi is not going to be processed. The fact that he got rhabdo as the result of a team workout is not in dispute. The university and his attorney will reach a settlement and getting kicked off the team will only give his attorney more evidence that Poutasi was damaged.
You could be right. Otherwise he's a perfect candidate because he's suing the school and hasn't gotten past 3rd or 4th string.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

FlDuckFan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Gemon Eaford
Andrew Johnson

Depends on your source. Some rumors said that Jim was recruiting some guys to leave after he peaced out. So you never know, Eugene is way different than Tifton and it's not unusual for Freshman to get homesick.
Possibly why you saw so little of Leavitt on the recruiting trail towards the end. Mario isn’t stupid, he would have caught on to that sh*t, and maybe why Leavitt is gone. Where would he have been recruiting them to now?
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Everythingsducky wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Gemon Eaford
Andrew Johnson

Possibly why you saw so little of Leavitt on the recruiting trail towards the end. Mario isn’t stupid, he would have caught on to that sh*t, and maybe why Leavitt is gone. Where would he have been recruiting them to now?

My impression was that it was just to transfer. Basically Leavitt was trying to get anyone to transfer that would listen out of spite for being passed over. Then I’m guessing Mario caught wind of current (2018) recruits being screened for interest in schools that Leavitt was interested and was basically told to go home to CO and when the athletics department figures out the details of your termination and buyout will call you. My take on it anyways.