ESPN: How Oregon is importing the SEC to the Pac-12

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: ESPN: How Oregon is importing the SEC to the Pac-12

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm telling ya, Oregon is doing things very similarly to Clemson. If coaches keep up the recruiting, and can get a good year in either this season or next, watch out!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I'm telling ya, Oregon is doing things very similarly to Clemson. If coaches keep up the recruiting, and can get a good year in either this season or next, watch out!
"How Oregon is importing the ACC to the Pac-12"
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I'm telling ya, Oregon is doing things very similarly to Clemson. If coaches keep up the recruiting, and can get a good year in either this season or next, watch out!
Well, Clemson is built like an SEC program.

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I thought this was quite a quote from Cristobal:

"To me ... I see this team as a team that can win multiple championships and continue to not only sustain but continue to elevate."
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
I don't even know what that means, especially given that they're higher performing than all the SEC programs. Kind of like saying a Ferrari is built like a Honda.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
I don't even know what that means, especially given that they're higher performing than all the SEC programs. Kind of like saying a Ferrari is built like a Honda.
Well he came from Bama, recruited at a high level, and brought some similar principles to Clemson.

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Similar, with the exception of having a strong religious pull, per DJU, unless that was an excuse. But I don’t see that as being the case. He seems sincerely into his religion. Dabo must literally be preaching.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Everythingsducky wrote:
Similar, with the exception of having a strong religious pull, per DJU, unless that was an excuse. But I don’t see that as being the case. He seems sincerely into his religion. Dabo must literally be preaching.
I believe it's another tool that he is using to draw in some potential recruits.. If in fact, this is the case, and he practices what he preaches, good for him and good for them...Its a perfect fit...
Conversely, if is only used as a facade, to lure in specific players, then he is just another cut throat coach..
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

It's nice and all, but let's start with fixing the offense :idea: and winning a Pac-12 championship. Do those things and I'm all in going forward.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I'm all for improving the offense but what we had last year was a lot better than many we have had before Chip Kelly. Do I want improvement, yes but we shouldn't talk like we can't move the ball or score?
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

ducksrock wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
I believe it's another tool that he is using to draw in some potential recruits.. If in fact, this is the case, and he practices what he preaches, good for him and good for them...Its a perfect fit...
Conversely, if is only used as a facade, to lure in specific players, then he is just another cut throat coach..
Seriously, just throwing s*** on a wall to see if it sticks or what. It is very well documented about Dabo and his service, belief and faith in religion. It’s not a tool, and it’s not something he has to sell/preach. His current actions and history more than supports his dedication to his religious beliefs.

First thing that popped up on a quick Bing/Google search.
Search words: Dabo Swinney religious faith

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/01/ ... t-hide-it/
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think culture can be a big factor. There’s a palpable difference between say Portland and Los Angeles. In that same regard, there’s a palpable difference between Portland and say Nashville. Sometimes it makes us more appealing and sometimes less appealing.

The same reason Portland is a destination for young liberal college grads can also be a deterrent for more conservative folks.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The same reason Portland is a destination for young liberal college dropouts can also be a deterrent for more conservative folks.
Fixed that for you. (And I'm a liberal!)
Willie Taggart is a dick.