#16 Auburn vs #11 Oregon (Aug. 31, Sat 4:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan22
Senior

Re: #16 Auburn vs #11 Oregon (Aug. 31, Sat 4:30 PM ABC)

Post by duckfan22 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:The injuries to the receiver group is diminishing any chances we might have. Our running backs lack the vison and strength to break tackles or run effectively between the tackles. The receiver group was already a big question mark and now multiple injurie makes it a very suspect group. Oregon needs the balance to have a chance. I thought before we would lose by 10 or so. I am now thinking it is like 18 or 21. I was critical of Arroyo before and with all the injuries and no proven receiver that has good hands it will limit what he will do. Run... Run.... long pass incomplete... punt.... repeat. We saw this multiple times on the road last year.
Blah blah you shouldn't watch them then
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:The injuries to the receiver group is diminishing any chances we might have. Our running backs lack the vison and strength to break tackles or run effectively between the tackles. The receiver group was already a big question mark and now multiple injurie makes it a very suspect group. Oregon needs the balance to have a chance. I thought before we would lose by 10 or so. I am now thinking it is like 18 or 21. I was critical of Arroyo before and with all the injuries and no proven receiver that has good hands it will limit what he will do. Run... Run.... long pass incomplete... punt.... repeat. We saw this multiple times on the road last year.
How can we have balance if our RBs blow chunks and we have nobody to throw to? We only scored 35 points a game last year and lost 1 starter and nobody ever improves with another year in a new offensive system so I think you're definitely onto something by taking the view that we'll be lucky to score at all in this game considering who we have on offense.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
How can we have balance if our RBs blow chunks and we have nobody to throw to? We only scored 35 points a game last year and lost 1 starter and nobody ever improves with another year in a new offensive system so I think you're definitely onto something by taking the view that we'll be lucky to score at all in this game considering who we have on offense.
Its almost insufferable sometimes. Nice response though, 07.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Fall camp is officially over and now it's finally game week.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

UofDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Its almost insufferable sometimes. Nice response though, 07.
Succinct Response, that.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

The more I think about this game the more I hope we can get pressure on that freshman QB Nix. Cumberlander, KT, Funa, and DJ Johnson all coming off the edge and they need to rattle him. Hoping we see some LB blitzes up the middle, Dye has the speed to get there and do something violent.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

GoDucksTroll wrote:The more I think about this game the more I hope we can get pressure on that freshman QB Nix. Cumberlander, KT, Funa, and DJ Johnson all coming off the edge and they need to rattle him. Hoping we see some LB blitzes up the middle, Dye has the speed to get there and do something violent.
They won't give us a chance to rush the passer. They will run including the QB. They have a true freshman qb and a mediocre ol, they will not risk the picks
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Duckenstein wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:The more I think about this game the more I hope we can get pressure on that freshman QB Nix. Cumberlander, KT, Funa, and DJ Johnson all coming off the edge and they need to rattle him. Hoping we see some LB blitzes up the middle, Dye has the speed to get there and do something violent.
They won't give us a chance to rush the passer. They will run including the QB. They have a true freshman qb and a mediocre ol, they will not risk the picks
I’m more than okay with Graham/Lenoir/Holland getting a pick on a quick, pre-determined, throw. I think they’ll have to throw some wheel routes, posts, and flys, that’s part of Malzahn’s offensive philosophy: get you to bite on a fake and then go for a deep route. That’s when you can really rattle the QB, and we have some hard hitters.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:
I’m more than okay with Graham/Lenoir/Holland getting a pick on a quick, pre-determined, throw. I think they’ll have to throw some wheel routes, posts, and flys, that’s part of Malzahn’s offensive philosophy: get you to bite on a fake and then go for a deep route. That’s when you can really rattle the QB, and we have some hard hitters.
Nix looks special, but Miami started a FR at quarterback with an inexperienced OL, and there were problems galore; late with the play calls, not checking down the receivers, holding on to the ball too long. He was sacked 8 times, 0 INT's.
Florida ended up winning; but they tried hard not to
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Florida ended with at least ten sacks, Florida defense looked good, but also Miami qb looked like a freshman. I was thinking watching the game hopefully that's how Auburn qb looks next week.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Miami with a RS freshman at QB, and a true freshman at tackle? Florida at #8 I think is a stretch. Their defense will determine their season.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Auburn OL isn’t getting the hype ours is but they aren’t green. They’re returning everybody just like us...they will run it and run the quarterback and use tempo and take their shots too....the biggest unknown in this game is our defense replacing some guys on the DL and Ugo as the do-everything guy in the secondary
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Still seems there are a lot positions that still haven't decided on a starter or first-sub in.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Not a lot of surprises if you've followed fall camp. Breeze even with Pickett is the main one that's a surprise from Spring until now.

2 deep has a lot of interesting ones though:
-Mase Funa backup at the Stud/DE/OLB position.
-Backup MLB is Cunningham, a forgotten scout last year, now right behind Troy Dye.
-Jevon returning punts.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I hate seeing Jalyon Redd on Kick-off returns. As depleted as the receiving core is, putting him in one of the most dangerous spots in the sport seems like a very poor risk-reward ratio.