#16 Auburn vs #11 Oregon (Aug. 31, Sat 4:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: #16 Auburn vs #11 Oregon (Aug. 31, Sat 4:30 PM ABC)

Post by Merganzer »

Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Quietduck wrote:It's easier to blame the coaches than to deal with the facts. A player doesn't go where they are taught and it's easier to say it the coaches fault rather than deal with the player. According to some coaches can fix hands of stone and brains of mush. It's a two way street with equal responsibility. Coaches teach and players learn and do.
I see your point. Ultimately everything is the players on the field. Calling timeout before the first play of the game when you’ve had a month of practices is kind of hard to explain
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Coaches can’t fix stone hands, but they can game plan and make play calls.

Mario didn’t know that Herbert couldn’t go back in, that’s embarrassing. How do you not know the rules of your profession?

Why were we snapping it with a ton of time on the play clock? That’s not on the QB, the coach has to tell him to run it down. I’d be willing to forgive that, but coaching decisions like that are becoming a pattern. Verdell fumbled against Stanford last year, but he shouldn’t have been in that position.

Some of you guys are ridiculous, making excuses for Mario’s bad coaching. He had nine months to prepare for this game and his team couldn’t do it when it mattered. This kind of mediocrity is not okay. This isn’t the 90s anymore, we need to get out of that loser mindset.

I’m shocked at how many of you are okay with this. I really hope they win the conference, but I’m not exactly inspired by what I saw. Third Gameday game of Cristobal’s career and they have all been losses. Embarrassing.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Coaches can’t fix stone hands, but they can game plan and make play calls.

Mario didn’t know that Herbert couldn’t go back in, that’s embarrassing. How do you not know the rules of your profession?

Why were we snapping it with a ton of time on the play clock? That’s not on the QB, the coach has to tell him to run it down. I’d be willing to forgive that, but coaching decisions like that are becoming a pattern. Verdell fumbled against Stanford last year, but he shouldn’t have been in that position.

Some of you guys are ridiculous, making excuses for Mario’s bad coaching. He had nine months to prepare for this game and his team couldn’t do it when it mattered. This kind of mediocrity is not okay. This isn’t the 90s anymore, we need to get out of that loser mindset.

I’m shocked at how many of you are okay with this. I really hope they win the conference, but I’m not exactly inspired by what I saw. Third Gameday game of Cristobal’s career and they have all been losses. Embarrassing.
And the game plan was solid until Auburn realize we didn’t have the horses at WR. Auburn isn’t a joke of a defense here they did a hell of a job and unfortunately the PLAYERS didn’t make the plays.Yes that ending was brutal and Cristobal blew it but at the same time we should have never been in that situation. For where this program was after Helf and Willy Cristobal has done a solid job. He just needs to elevate to greatness and I think he will learn from it.
Return Of the Quack!
Mike Bellotti's Mustache
One Star Recruit

Post by Mike Bellotti's Mustache »

As a long time Oregon Duck fan (and alumni) this is getting too predictable. Unfortunately I've seen this movie many times before, which I told my wife in the 3rd. The hype machine starts up and we s*** the bed in the big game. Disappointed, but expected at this point.

Some will call me a negative nancy, so be it. I was at the FSU game which was probably my favorite duck game of all time. By the same token, I've also been at the Coli and seen Barner absolutely torch SC for 6 td's in a game. Unfortunately those moments are overshadowed to me by the tOSU loss in the Rose Bowl I witnessed in person, the Alamo Loss, tOSU loss in Texas I saw in person, the previous Auburn loss and the previous LSU loss. Plus now this loss to boot. Yes, i'm negative, with good reason.

Always a bridesmaid, never the bride... This loss will look much worse at end of season when Auburn is 8-4. Mark it.
"Dyer Was Down"
'00 Alum, "Frat" guy, Go Ducks