Saw a question on twitter

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Saw a question on twitter

Post by Duck07 »

AshlandDuck wrote:Because I am in a serious mood I am going to say, Jeff Lockie/Alejandro Maldonado/Doug Brenner combined. All of them mashed together, melted into some kind of liquid, mixed with some kind of compound, put into a caste and then energized with electricity. The result would be extraordinary. I'd probably be arrested. That is, unless, I turned out some kind of superstar football player. Then I'd be a hero.
nm i see what you did
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QB: Mariota
RB: James
TE: Dickson
OL: Grasu
DL: Buckner
LB: Alonso
DB: Ward
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

AshlandDuck wrote:Because I am in a serious mood I am going to say, Jeff Lockie/Alejandro Maldonado/Doug Brenner combined. All of them mashed together, melted into some kind of liquid, mixed with some kind of compound, put into a caste and then energized with electricity. The result would be extraordinary. I'd probably be arrested. That is, unless, I turned out some kind of superstar football player. Then I'd be a hero.
Is this like a human centipede type thing?
betty white
Two Star Recruit

Post by betty white »

Let’s not BS ourselves. Most important player on the team is QB. MM is the clear choice in this thing.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

betty white wrote:Let’s not BS ourselves. Most important player on the team is QB. MM is the clear choice in this thing.
100% agree, I know QB isn’t the biggest position need this upcoming year and Herbert is good, but Mariota is a once in a program lifetime athlete.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

In order, with current needs taken into consideration:

DeFo, Jeff Maehl, Cliff, Kiko, Marcus, LMJ or Royce, TJ Ward, Kyle Long.

I’d love to see Sewell/Lemieux/Hanson/Long/Throck. Even I could get a yard behind that OL.

But DeFo would take this defense into the stratosphere. So underrated by the college football crowd, despite the awards. He was a one man defense his senior year. Probably the best one great player/awful team we’ve seen.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Should have seen some of the teams Oregon put on the field in the 70s GoDucksTroll. I am old enough I can remember them. If Oregon had a defense to compliment Fouts and Moore we might have won the Pac 8, as it was then, but USC and UCLA and UW were stock piling players because this was before Title IX. When Fouts and Moore played they could stack the box and stick on the receivers and usually that was enough to beat Oregon.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

And when Oregon did have a D, those we didn't have an O to match.

The Reggie Ogburn run still burns... Penalties handed down on multiple players chewed up what could have been a pretty incredible season.

There were also several seasons there tha looked really promising until untimely injuries to one or two players on a thin roster buried the Duck's dreams in the dust.

The play for pay years when Oregon traveled to places like Nebraska (Their weight room was larger than the Duck's football complex, back then, and I'm only half joking!). There were more decent players on Nebraska's sideline than Oregon could field in three seasons.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Duck07 wrote:QB: Mariota
RB: James
TE: Dickson
OL: Grasu
DL: Buckner
LB: Alonso
DB: Ward
TJ might be ejected from half the games these days just for regular hits. Will never forget him folding that Okie Lite QB in half. :oops:
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Should have seen some of the teams Oregon put on the field in the 70s GoDucksTroll. I am old enough I can remember them. If Oregon had a defense to compliment Fouts and Moore we might have won the Pac 8, as it was then, but USC and UCLA and UW were stock piling players because this was before Title IX. When Fouts and Moore played they could stack the box and stick on the receivers and usually that was enough to beat Oregon.
I'm sure those were interesting times, but I was born in the 80s so I didn't get to suffer through that. Our offense was actually really good DeFo's last year (at least when VA played) but that defensive unit was so awful at times, with DeFo just being a monster.

I don't follow the NFL too closely, but I rarely hear anything about DeFo despite him having a monster 67 tackle, 17 TFL, 12 sack season last year.