Saw a question on twitter

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Saw a question on twitter

Post by duckfan96 »

It was If you could pick one duck player from the last 10 years to be on this team who would it be?

For me I’d pick LMJ ...behind this Oline wow
jimmy12
Senior

Re: Saw a question on twitter

Post by jimmy12 »

Easy Haloti. With our DE’s and LBs, he’d destroy
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

jimmy12 wrote:Easy Haloti. With our DE’s and LBs, he’d destroy
Key part to the question is "the last 10 years." That means Haloti doesn't fit.

For me, I'd choose players at positions that aren't thought of as particularly deep and/or strong entering the season. On defense, I'd probably choose DeFo. On offense, I'd choose someone like Ed Dickson.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Haloti isn't within the last 10 years.

I'd take LaMichael James as well.

MM8 would be a really interesting discussion. Herbert is a great pro prospect, but he was inconsistent last season. I'll go on the optimism side with him and say he's going to be a top 10 QB this ear in CFB.

Let's go with:

1. LaMichael James
2. DeFo
3. Walter Thurmond III(DB and returns).
yudah02
One Star Recruit

Post by yudah02 »

I'd prioritize position need or uniqueness of talent

Case against LMJ- we'll have 3 smaller speed backs on the roster this year. I think Verdell could be good for 14-1600 yards this year. As good as LMJ was he wouldn't supply a big enough advantage in this offense over what we have.

How would a player change your confidence going into Auburn?

1. DeFo -adding him might single handily make us favorites in every game

2. DAT - we have no one close to what he offered, impacted a game quicker than anyone I've seen (2 touches for 155yds and 2 tds in the Rose Bowl), completely stresses a D
coordinator opening up other players, plus a game changer in the return game

3. Kiko - having him next to Dye changes my perspective quite a bit against Auburn
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I love these types of threads cause it’s ones own opinion. I, for one, think LMJ is a very large step up from the backs on the team now. His vision alone sets him way above the backs Oregon has now. Kiko is a good one too
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

How about a receiver that caught everything? Jeff Maehl
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Merganzer wrote:How about a receiver that caught everything? Jeff Maehl

I thought about him as well...one of my favs...
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

So if you went defense I'm wrestling with:

Boyett. Assuming we still play 3 safeties over 1/2 the time, we only have one proven stud in Holland. Adding Boyett would be a huge upgrade in a position of need.

Defo, Great player also in a position of need.

Michael F'n Clay because Michael F'n Clay.

I don't think one player could help the offense. They'll look good against teams that try to play them straight up and get stuffed by undermanned defenses that move around upfront and overload against Oregon's tenancies. If there is an area of obvious weakness it would be wide receiver. Addison, Huff, Dat if used as a WR, maybe Maehl.

So with my pick I am going to go with ...... Dillon Mitchell. Position of need, huge improvement each season, great chemistry with Herbert. I'll take the Senior season we didn't get to see.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

I’ll have to think about this one for a few. Off the top of my head, I think we have been missing an enforcer/headhunter/ballhawk at the safety position so maybe John Boyett.
I have always wanted to see J. Stewart in CK spread offense. With that style O I don’t think he gets the injury bug early and destroys PAC-12 rushing records.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I like the "ball hawk", "play maker" thought. DAT , Cliff (the sane Cliff), Boyett, Ifo,.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Alan wrote:I like the "ball hawk", "play maker" thought. DAT , Cliff (the sane Cliff), Boyett, Ifo,.
That over-ruled INT in the NC against Auburn still 'burns', among other issues with the officiating in that contest.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/A6zOwAZfVww[/youtube]
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Big play VA. He personally carried a team to 9 wins, a team that would have won maybe 3 games without him, and would have won 11 if he wasn't hurt.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Because I am in a serious mood I am going to say, Jeff Lockie/Alejandro Maldonado/Doug Brenner combined. All of them mashed together, melted into some kind of liquid, mixed with some kind of compound, put into a caste and then energized with electricity. The result would be extraordinary. I'd probably be arrested. That is, unless, I turned out some kind of superstar football player. Then I'd be a hero.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

AshlandDuck wrote:Because I am in a serious mood I am going to say, Jeff Lockie/Alejandro Maldonado/Doug Brenner combined. All of them mashed together, melted into some kind of liquid, mixed with some kind of compound, put into a caste and then energized with electricity. The result would be extraordinary. I'd probably be arrested. That is, unless, I turned out some kind of superstar football player. Then I'd be a hero.
:?: