All-American

Re: Offseason Weight Changes

Post by Duck07 »

How DucksAttack weighs in: Image
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Surprised to see Sewell losing so much weight, didn't expect to see that under Cristobal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'd say it's more a product of being in Feld's S&C program now for nearly a full year. He had some bad weight that hadn't fully come before spring drills but it now looks like it has. I think the most impressive gain/loss is for OL Malaesala Aumave-Laulu, who's gone from 389 lbs in JC to now 313 lbs.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

I think the weight loss on the OL is great! It shows that they are taking their conditioning seriously, and can naturally carry that kind of weight. I know a couple of guys who were college linemen ~15 year ago who dropped to the 230 range only two years after they retired (they played in NFL briefly). For them it was always a struggle to maintain their weight over 300, and in their own words it made it extremely difficult to balance the strength needed with the endurance they wanted. Cristobals plan seems to be to find naturally HUGE dudes and get them into good shape, whereas lots of teams are forced to bulk guys up so much that they really aren't in that great of shape. Makes better linemen, and healthier linemen.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Fans love weight.

"We got a HUGE ol/rb/lb. This is great!"

"Our ol/rb/lbs are really slimming down! This is great!"

It's like the metric everyone can relate to and can assign their own meaning to. lol
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I like what the coach said today. Change their body comp. to get good healthy body fat (losing fat) and then build them back up to the best weight for them to play at. He compared them to a boxer.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:Fans love weight.

"We got a HUGE ol/rb/lb. This is great!"

"Our ol/rb/lbs are really slimming down! This is great!"

It's like the metric everyone can relate to and can assign their own meaning to. lol
Well, duh. Everything that happens is good for us. Our OL are 360? We’re overpowering them. Our OL lost 30 pounds? We’re in perfect shape.

I remember how everyone fawned over Chip’s sport science and Jimmy’s speed training. We can only hope that Mario’s and Feld’s philosophy yields results. I’m optimistic because we have four handpicked S&C guys now, and the program felt it was worth the investment.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

GrantDuck wrote:https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... kouts.html

Funa is a big boy for a linebacker.

I would think that they want him lighter. I wonder if it's a case of adding muscle where there was unwanted weight?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

jimmy12 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... kouts.html

Funa is a big boy for a linebacker.

I would think that they want him lighter. I wonder if it's a case of adding muscle where there was unwanted weight?
Funa is actually losing weight. He was 280+ after his injury where he couldn't run for close to a year.