Fall Camp 2019

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck541
Four Star Recruit

Re: Fall Camp 2019

Post by duck541 »

I really think our D could be something special this year if they can get the scheme down quick. We've vets at every level, two experienced corners plus some good young talent, a play-making safety, a handful of guys who get after the QB in a hurry (DJ, Thibs, Young), and a huge runstopper up the middle. Oh and I didn't even mention Dye or Winston yet.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck541 wrote:I really think our D could be something special this year if they can get the scheme down quick. We've vets at every level, two experienced corners plus some good young talent, a play-making safety, a handful of guys who get after the QB in a hurry (DJ, Thibs, Young), and a huge runstopper up the middle. Oh and I didn't even mention Dye or Winston yet.
It will be nice to see Avalos as a play-caller.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I do expect they will be a top 25 defense this season. I don't think the talent level among the upper classmen is high enough to be looking at a top 10 type defense. Dye is a pro and possibly fatmac/failou/Lenoir, but nobody else would I say is a surefire pro.

Now freshman/sophomores have loads of talent, but in college football, that doesn't always mean results.

Offense, I feel pretty good about it if Dollars is ready to go and Johnny Johnson isn't starting at WR(guy is not a pac-12 player). Herbert needs to be more consistent and better under pressure going through his reads. Hanson needs to play not like crap like he did against Wazzu and Michigan State. But overall, feel pretty good. 3 PRO offensive linemen. Talented QB. Johnson should step up as a #1 WR. Coordinator needs to be better is stating the obvious but part of the analysis.
betty white
Two Star Recruit

Post by betty white »

Isn’t Dollars a 2021 guy?
betty white
Two Star Recruit

Post by betty white »

Whoops I’m thinking of Seven not Sean.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Great to hear Jamal Hill's name mentioned so much already. Always cool when we can hit on 3* kids.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Hill is going to be the first real enforcer we have had, since Tj Ward was on campus. Thia kid is going to be a strait assassin out there and making WR drop balls they shouldn't. Just watch. I think he's going to be starting at some point this year. Holland and Hill will be a solid Safety duo.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

buckmarkduck wrote:Hill is going to be the first real enforcer we have had, since Tj Ward was on campus. Thia kid is going to be a strait assassin out there and making WR drop balls they shouldn't. Just watch. I think he's going to be starting at some point this year. Holland and Hill will be a solid Safety duo.
No disrespect, but quite a claim about a freshman that has all of 4 practices under his belt, and didn’t even play in the spring. Don’t get me wrong, love the enthusiasm, but are you basing it on a lot of high school tape? Even with Winston’s comments, let’s see more than 4 days. I hope you are right. And Grantduck, you see a better chance of Lenoir making the league as our boundary corner, more than our cover corner Graham? He is going to have to have a hell of a year, and I hope he does, but if Graham continues an upward trajectory, he will be more coveted.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

While I did like his tape, and thought he was underrated. I'm basing predictions on the fact that he is already in there mixing it up. Lots of guys aren't doing that from day 1, but generally the guys who do are the guys who shine. Not to many kids show up and ball out for a week, then disappear, especially on D.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

If he keeps up the hype in camp, we can only hope he mirrors the hype and production of Holland. Holland was all the talk last camp, and he more than backed it up.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

There is always at least one freshman who goes past expectations. KT and Pittman don’t count, too highly ranked. Last year it was Travis Dye and Jevon Holland. This year it sounds like Jamal Hill. We need DBs, so I’m not counting him as TJ Ward quite yet- but this is encouraging.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Everythingsducky wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Hill is going to be the first real enforcer we have had, since Tj Ward was on campus. Thia kid is going to be a strait assassin out there and making WR drop balls they shouldn't. Just watch. I think he's going to be starting at some point this year. Holland and Hill will be a solid Safety duo.
No disrespect, but quite a claim about a freshman that has all of 4 practices under his belt, and didn’t even play in the spring. Don’t get me wrong, love the enthusiasm, but are you basing it on a lot of high school tape? Even with Winston’s comments, let’s see more than 4 days. I hope you are right. And Grantduck, you see a better chance of Lenoir making the league as our boundary corner, more than our cover corner Graham? He is going to have to have a hell of a year, and I hope he does, but if Graham continues an upward trajectory, he will be more coveted.
Graham played well the last 3 games of last season, but he needs to show it for a whole season before I'm ready to talk NFL with him. Still have images of him being beat by 10 yards against UW. (albeit UW LT did get away with a blatant hold on that play)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »